PDA

View Full Version : Red Fox Portrait

DanWalters
03-23-2008, 07:59 PM
Captured this fox this morning. Can't resist a tight portrait with that morning sun really bringing out the eyes.

Canon 1D mark2
Sigma 500mm f4.5 lens

joel quenneville
03-23-2008, 08:53 PM
Wow! I love the golden light and the contrasting purple background. Positioning the eyes at the top third really helps to give this image its appeal. I would have liked to have the eyes open a little wider but you had no control over that. Also, I think a little more depth of field would strengthen the composition and help focus attention on the eyes instead of the nose.

Robert Amoruso
03-24-2008, 11:44 AM
Hi Dan,

Great light and nice expression on the fix. I like to slight tilt of the head. Composition looks good for this subject. I agree with Joel on needing more DOF and I also would have preferred not to see the whiskers touch the image edges.

Fabs Forns
03-24-2008, 01:11 PM
Excellent, Dan, You managed to captured the "foxy" expression here. Great light too. DOF is fine for me.

Jonathan Michael Ashton
03-29-2008, 11:45 AM
Love it - great shot my first impression was look at that nose, I think a little more DOF would have been better. After having it pointed out to me, I agree about the whiskers - good point I wouldn't have noticed otherwise.
Jon