PDA

View Full Version : Wild mustangs coming to water

D. Robert Franz
01-04-2008, 09:52 AM
This image was taken during my wild mustang IPt last June. The bands of wild mustangs usually go to water twice a day. Here it's later afternoon and they came in a hurry. The lighting emphasized the dust they were creating. This is a cropped from a single image.

Canon 1d2, EF500mmF4IS, Gitzo & Foba, ISO 200, 1/1600 @ F5.6

David Kennedy
01-04-2008, 01:15 PM
Robert,
The dust adds a lot to this image, as pointed out. I would suggest that the upper right hand corner is a little distracting (the patch of sky that appears), and that the right side of the image is cropped a little too tight to the right-most mustang.

Having more of them catch the sidelight would have been even better. :)

Robert Amoruso
01-04-2008, 09:07 PM
I look at this in the morning but was at work and tied up so just getting back to it now. I would agree with David. I had same thoughts on the sky and right hand crop. Didn't consider the light though.

Jason Hahn
01-05-2008, 11:03 AM
The dust cloud definitely adds a great sense of action to these image. Agree with the suggestions by David and Robert, might even consider cropping out the last group of four altogether to provide a little room at the frame's edge.

Jason

Paul Marcellini
01-05-2008, 02:47 PM
I don't mind the tight crop because it could give the impression this is just the beginning of a large herd.

But since you can tell from the dust that those are the last horses, I would agree for more room or crop out the four as suggested.

Must be a very cool sight though.
Paul