PDA

View Full Version : vase of tulips

Hazel Grant
04-01-2011, 07:56 PM
Still on the tulip kick as long as they last.....

used a black background. just a bit of pp work on selective sharpening and vibrance.

manual, 1/25 sec. f5.6, 22mm. 400 iso. available light from glass door filtered through an opaque plastic bag to cut glare (as suggested in a previous post--thanks)

OOPS! I didn't notice until this posted that the black background on the left side is a mess.....I'll fix it and repost.....Otherwise, any other comments?

Hazel Grant
04-01-2011, 08:43 PM
I apologize for the mess I posted earlier....Maybe this one is better.

Brendan Dozier
04-01-2011, 09:25 PM
This is great, Hazel! Awesome color, detail, & exposure. Lighting is nice and even throughout & black BG really works well. Well done! :5

Anita Bower
04-02-2011, 10:32 AM
Wonderful group of tulips. I'm envious. Are they from your garden? I like the combination of colors and the excellent arrangement--with some drooping down. Just great!

Using a black bg works well here--the flowers stand out. The flowers and leaves are complex and the simple bg does not distract from them.

I'd like to see the flowers brightened up a bit, maybe using curves.

TFS

Jerry van Dijk
04-02-2011, 01:37 PM
Hi Hazel, a lovely bouquet! I like how you arranged the flowers in the frame. I also like that your BG (in the repost) isn't even black but has a blueish center. You repost looks very grainy and could use a round of NR and I agree with Anita that the flowers could be a bit brighter.

Steve Maxson
04-03-2011, 11:08 AM
Hi Hazel. I'm glad you included the repost. :S3: This is a very nice arrangement with an interesting mix of colors. I like the off-center positioning of the vase. I would agree about brightening the flowers just a bit and Jerry makes a good point about the"grainy" look of the repost (compare the look of the flowers in the 2 versions and the difference is quite noticeable). Some NR or less sharpening should fix this. These minor tweaks will make this image shine. :S3:

bhavya joshi
04-04-2011, 01:40 PM
Great work.. Hazel.. Great colors combination,.. Black Bg suits Bouquet ..Perfect..:S3:

Dave Mills
04-04-2011, 02:57 PM
Hi Hazel, Nice job on the lighting and the tulip arrangement. I also like the fact you offset the vase.
I would of preferred seeing some type of support for the vase rather than have it float.