PDA

View Full Version : white flower

Grahame Hamblin
04-01-2011, 07:21 PM
D300 macro 50 mm f22 2 sec white BG Nik filter HC and glow any comments welcome
Grahame

Anita Bower
04-02-2011, 10:25 AM
Lovely soft tones. Love the angle of the stem and how the stems and flowers seem to flow out from it--very nice. I like the pink tones, even though you titled it "white flower." I like the bit of orange. Delicate feel. Very nice.

Jerry van Dijk
04-02-2011, 01:42 PM
Hi Graham, very pleasing composition. You might want to add a bit of canvas to the right. I do feel that the image is a bit on the soft side. There's a bit of a blue cast at the top of the stem where the flowers are attached. And I see a strange little blue triangle in the UL corner that doesn't seem to belong there.

Brendan Dozier
04-02-2011, 02:27 PM
I agree, Grahame, nice soft, subtle composition. Water beads are a nice touch too. Agree about blue cast on stem, and blue triangle in UL corner.

Steve Maxson
04-03-2011, 10:56 AM
Hi Grahame. I like the subtle, pastel, pink-on-pink look of this image. The flower cluster is interesting, the water droplets are a plus, and you have good DOF throughout. The slight softness that Jerry mentions, IMO, works well for this presentation. I would agree about adding a little room on the right. There are also a few sensor dust spot on the background (plus the little blue triangle) that could easily be removed. If this was mine, I'd clone the small dark spots on some of the petals to give the flowers a very clean appearance. :S3: Well done.

OvidiuCavasdan
04-05-2011, 06:03 AM
Nice flowers, I like the composition but still feel a little more space on right side is needed. I like the colors, the slight softness give a dreamy feel. The blue cast on the stem is distracting.

Grahame Hamblin
04-05-2011, 02:48 PM
Thank you all for the constructive comments.I have since turned it into a much better print. Adding more space removing blue area sharpening and removing most of colour cast.
The diffrence is amazing Thank you all.
Grahame