PDA

View Full Version : Before the bath

wendell westfall
04-01-2011, 04:27 PM
D90 70-200VR+2X@400 1/2000 f5.6 ISO640 0EV handheld

Here is a photo of the same sparrow taken a few seconds later than my posted image of three days ago, and incorporating the suggestions made then -- "a little darker, a little more contrast and a little more room overhead." (The original of my older file was unavailable for amendment.) The bright yellow is a reflection of flowers nearby. Hope this image looks improved over my earlier post. Thanks for looking.

Wendell

Daniel Cadieux
04-01-2011, 07:22 PM
I missed your earlier post (will go look for it). I like the the low angle, colours, ripple around the foot, and the sparrow's pose. A few tweaks that could work include eliminating the OOF rock in URC, as well as the piece of debris in the water at right edge, and eliminating the bits of cyan cast on the subject itself. If you have it, I'd prefer a bit more room at bottom too (maybe double the current space between head reflection and bottom edge). Neat opportunity that you had here, and you made it work.

Brendan Dozier
04-02-2011, 01:11 AM
The color of the water, reflection, pose, and water ripple really make for a nice composition, Wendell. Agree with a bit more room on bottom. Well done!