PDA

View Full Version : Little Helen

kostas nianiopoulos
04-01-2011, 07:04 AM
http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/7910/remastered.jpg

I don't know about u there , but in the place here i was born they used to call this little flower , The little Helen .

crop , hipass sharpen , levels , blur on BG as there was green and yellow spots there .

canon 50d
f 32
1/13
iso 400
EF USM IS 100MM L.
natural light on tripod

Thanks for watching

Brendan Dozier
04-01-2011, 04:53 PM
Real nice looking, Kostas. Great color & details, and beautiful clean blurred BG really makes it pop.

Anita Bower
04-02-2011, 10:20 AM
Beautiful colors! The pink stands out nicely against the soft bg. These are lovely little flowers. Are they Phlox? I'm wondering about the dark center, which draws my attention away from the beautiful blooms--lighten it a bit? Maybe taking the photo from a slightly lower angle would minimize how much of the dark center is seen. Thanks for sharing nice spring image!

kostas nianiopoulos
04-02-2011, 02:25 PM
Hi Anita sorry i dont know thier name in English to tell u , about the dark center , it is their natural color like this way , ( dark purple ) i have try by my self to open it a bit but it doesnt look normal for my taste .

Anita Bower
04-02-2011, 04:20 PM
Hi Anita sorry i dont know thier name in English to tell u , about the dark center , it is their natural color like this way , ( dark purple ) i have try by my self to open it a bit but it doesnt look normal for my taste .

I completely understand about the center. It was a small point. :-)

Steve Maxson
04-03-2011, 10:33 AM
Hi Kostas. These are attractive and colorful flowers and I like how they bloom in a circle around the center. You achieved good DOF for a subject as 3-dimensional as this. The background is nicely blurred, but I would suggest toning down a few of the brightest spots so it doesn't compete with your subject. If this was mine, I would clone some of the dark specks on the petals. Next time in the field, you might try reflecting some light onto the flowers - in this case, light reflected from the lower left of the frame would likely make the flowers pop a little more. :S3: