PDA

View Full Version : My First Peony

Julie Kenward
03-31-2011, 07:48 PM
I have been going through my old images and cleaning house. This peony was the very first one I ever took with my first DSLR in 2008. I added a tiny bit of gaussian blur to the edges to tone down the petals a bit and then added a good crisp round of sharpening to the yellow center.

I cloned out some small particles of pollen that were scattered here and there but left the large clump at the bottom of the center area.

Canon 40D, EF 100mm f/2.8
f4 @ 1/400th, ISO 200
Manual mode, outdoor lighting, auto WB
Processed in ACR & CS5 with the vignette added in Color Efex and the sharpening in Topaz InFocus.

Susan Candelario
03-31-2011, 08:14 PM
Hey Jules,
Really like the lighting & contrasting colors of the Peony. Nice job on your pp as well. You have really been motivating me with all your flower post lately. Can't wait to see more.
Thanks!

bhavya joshi
04-01-2011, 04:43 AM
Great julie.. I like simple image with soft cool petals.. great yellow colour center.
Thank for sharing.:S3:

Nick Palmieri
04-01-2011, 07:02 AM
I like the colors and composition. I love the way the yellow flower is super sharp and the sharpness falls off as you go to the edges. TFS

Anita Bower
04-01-2011, 02:41 PM
Gorgeous. Those yellows pop against the soft pinks. Beautiful original shot and pp. Glad to see you go back to some of your old images.

Steve Maxson
04-01-2011, 03:04 PM
Hi Jules. This is a beauty! I like the off-center comp and the way the sharp yellow center contrasts with the abstract pastel pinks of the petals. Well done.

Brendan Dozier
04-01-2011, 05:03 PM
Really beautiful, Jules! I too like the contrast between the sharp detail in center & soft outer petal area. Perfect! :5

Ken Childs
04-03-2011, 03:32 PM
Hi Jules, I think it's all already been said but the contrast between the soft petals and the sharp center looks great! :S3:

My peonies aren't too far off.....hopefully I can get something that looks this nice!