PDA

View Full Version : Spoonbills

Lance Peters
03-23-2008, 06:21 PM
Hi - new around here, wow there are some talented photographers here. Anyway would appreciate any comments on how to improve my shots.

Don't have a lot of birds around were I live (Drought - waterways are all drying up) so I make do with what I can.

Thanks for looking

Lance

Arthur Morris
03-23-2008, 06:28 PM
Hi Lance, Where are you from? Unless your last name is 1962, please go to the UCP and add your last name. Thanks. The water is nice and the image is sharp but the birds are way too dark. Flash would have helped but you can do a lot better with the processing... The faces especially need to be selectively lightened.

later and love, artie

Lance Peters
03-23-2008, 06:51 PM
Hi Arthur - thanks for the comments - I do not have flash capabilities as yet(Working on that one) so PP will have to be the go.

I am from rural victoria, australia - you have actually just sent me a wimberly head in the last couple of weeks and just starting to try it out with a Sigma 300-800 that a buddy has lent me.

Thanks
Lance

I canr see that I can change my name in the UCP can change everything but, maybe a moderator can change it to Lance Peters for me???

Robert O'Toole
03-23-2008, 09:10 PM
Love the spoonies Lance, as artie has mentioned the birds, esp the faces are too dark. You can lighten with a quick mask.

Robert

Lance Peters
03-23-2008, 10:20 PM
Hi Rob - thanks for the comments - have lightened the faces - will post the revised version in the next day or so (once my account allows me to).

Lots to learn but guess theer is only one way - practise, practise, practise.

Thanks
Lance