PDA

View Full Version : Bullock's Oriole Oil Painting

Gus Hallgren
03-30-2011, 12:32 PM
Hi Folks:

Had a wonderful surprise this week when the Bullock's Oriole & family graced us with their arrival for the first time (Been here 20 years) and livened up our garden with their bright yellows.

Created oil painting with free Fotosketcher Ver 2.0.

CC's always welcome & appreciated.

Keep smiling

Gus :2eyes2:

denise ippolito
03-30-2011, 04:05 PM
Gus, Those are some bright yellows! Very cool capture and I like the painting effect you applied. I do wish the shadow weren't across the bird but it is still a very nice image and comp. I'd be very happy to have it in my files:S3:

Gus Hallgren
03-30-2011, 04:51 PM
Hi Denise;

Nice pickup, if I had noticed the shadow before I would have cloned it out.

Thanks

Gus

Julie Kenward
03-30-2011, 05:44 PM
At least the shadow is on the side away from the head turn - that doesn't bother me as much as the ones that come right up to their face! Love the colors in this, Gus. I might tone down the yellows right at the top of the breast if you give it another go. Everything else works for me!

Gus Hallgren
03-30-2011, 06:03 PM
Thanks Ladies;

Like to give a choice, so here's one done in a canvas texture and played with shadow. Didn't see Jules observation, she always comes out with winning ideas too.

Hugs to all

Gus

denise ippolito
03-30-2011, 06:16 PM
I like the original Gus, The softer painterly BG appeals to me.:S3:

Richard Lovison
03-31-2011, 03:05 PM
Gus,

I like the first post best with its softer textures. Taking the shadow out of that one will take it over the top. Beautiful pose and composition.

Richard

Steve Adkins
03-31-2011, 04:05 PM
What a wonderful garden surprise. Great color and comp. Like the OP a bit more. :S3: