PDA

View Full Version : Toad underwater

thijs broekkamp
03-28-2011, 02:11 AM
The toads are quite busy with laying egss etc. This male didn't had a female and was very curious.

canon powershot g11+canon wp-dc34
f5
1.640e
iso 200
http://i957.photobucket.com/albums/ae54/thijsbroekkamp/IMG_1778bwrktsrgbfull.jpg

Hilary Hann
03-28-2011, 05:11 AM
Thijs, we don't see many underwater images here, probably because they are quite tricky to pull off. I'm not sure I know how to C&C an image like this, knowing how difficult they can be so if I'm not very helpful I apologise.
I like the reflected eye in the water. The double hands seen through the water from above and below look a little odd and it may have made a stronger image if you had been able to get even lower in the water and perhaps had the one view of the hands with the head more straight on to get a symmetrical pose. How hard that would have been to achieve, I'm not sure but I'd love to see more of these types of images. Perhaps he will co-operate again and you can try some more poses? :S3:

Robert Amoruso
03-30-2011, 10:15 AM
Thijs,I understand what Hilary is saying and agree. I feel that getting the center axis of the camera more in-line with the waterline would have given you a bettering looking result.

Dan Brown
03-30-2011, 10:35 AM
Cool image, Thijs I have attempted this type shot and for me, it was very difficult to frame!!! Great job! I agree that maybe being a little lower would have been better. I see the front legs/hands through the waters surface and then the long hind legs/feet hanging below as working. I would really like to see more room on the right so that his left hind toe wasn't touching the frame edge. I love the work though!

thijs broekkamp
03-31-2011, 04:12 AM
Thanks for the comments! Tomorrow I will try it again