PDA

View Full Version : warthogs ;black and white

peter delaney
03-27-2011, 01:41 AM
I know the composition and conversion will not suit most people . But I wanted compositionally something different and really liked the play of light and shadow...

D3 600mm lens..... this was converted in Ps Cs5 ,

Ken Watkins
03-27-2011, 02:07 AM
Peter,

You certainly try different things and I would have to say this is I believe the first example I have seen here of the famous A**E shot.

I think this would be better without the third posterior as the whites seem to me to be a bit to blown.

Robert Amoruso
03-27-2011, 06:41 AM
I would suggest Peter this would be better w/o the foreground third OOF rear-end.

I like the light play and moody feel, but only the three posteriors just does not work for me.

Harshad Barve
03-27-2011, 07:10 AM
Peter

This does work for me either , agreed with Ken & Robert
TFS

Harshad Barve
03-28-2011, 12:54 AM
Peter

This does work for me either , agreed with Ken & Robert
TFS

I mean Does NOT Work for me either

Steve Kaluski
03-28-2011, 02:21 PM
Hi Peter, as B/Ws go, I like the rather stark, yet contrasty feel to this, I find it very rich in it's depth & tones, however I do agree, it sadly doesn't work for me either.

I know some will disagree, but I do think we occasionally need to post these things to get feedback or as a sounding board to our thoughts, otherwise we can get rather stale. :w3

TFS
Steve

Morkel Erasmus
03-28-2011, 04:24 PM
kudos for putting this out there Peter...I often like to post things I know many will not like, yet I like for a reason and testing the waters is a good way of finding out if there are other like-minded artists or if one has a unique taste :w3

I too like the light and contrast here but sadly not the composition and/or the subject matter...:e3