PDA

View Full Version : Dancing in the rain!

Indranil Sircar
03-26-2011, 08:43 PM
Finally I got a chance to work on an image after a busy work week! This one is from the rainy day at Little Estero Lagoon during SWF IPT. This Reddish Egret was happily running around in that persistent drizzle. I did three levels of processing... first adjusted the image for selective colors, saturation and curves. Next, applied Fract glow 100 with changed settings - increasing depth and brightness and lowering line width. Used layer mask and painted with different brushes to open up the bird. Lastly applied topaz simplify with layer mask/painting (again) and infocus to get the final effect... hope you like it.

denise ippolito
03-26-2011, 09:06 PM
Indranil, I love the soft color tones and the pose. I might try to reduce the halo if it were mine. Thanks for sharing your work flow. It is much appreciated.:S3:

Indranil Sircar
03-27-2011, 02:27 AM
Thanks Denise. Here is a repost without the halo...

denise ippolito
03-27-2011, 06:39 AM
Indranil, I think it looks better.:S3:

Maureen Allen
03-27-2011, 06:34 PM
I've looked at this a few times, trying to decide whether I like the halo effect or not. Honestly, I think I like the one with the halo better. Gives the bird a bit of an the ethereal look. Reddish egrets are such wonderful, graceful birds. I think the effect you've created shows that perfectly :S3:

Andrew McLachlan
03-27-2011, 08:04 PM
Indranil, very nicely done. I like the repost better with the halo reduced. Nice pose also!

Christopher Miller
03-27-2011, 08:24 PM
Beautiful pose, Indranil. I get the feeling of the egret lightly tripping through the water for the sheer joy of it. :S3: I'm not sure which one I prefer. I think I prefer it without the halo, but I like the higher contrast of the original as well. Nice work.