PDA

View Full Version : Green Tree Frog

Jim Bridges
03-26-2011, 07:05 AM
My first green tree frog this year.:S3:
Made with D80 Nikkor AF 105/2.8D @ 5.6 1/20 ISO 100 on a tripod

Anita Bower
03-26-2011, 10:41 AM
So that is what they look like. Are they that fluorescent green?

Nice position of the frog on the branch and in the frame. Nicely blurred bg. I like the size of the frog in the frame--the focus is clearly on the frog.

I'm thinking the focus isn't as sharp as it might be. I wonder if a faster shutter speed?

Thanks for sharing.

bhavya joshi
03-26-2011, 01:14 PM
hey.. jim.. i like the angle of frog.. Bg also nice blur..
but little bit unfocus.. Faster shutter speed it will works..as per anita said..

Thanks..

Jim Bridges
03-26-2011, 03:43 PM
Thanks! You're seeing the same thing I am and I though it was just me.:eek:
Here's the same frog at f11 @ 1/6s

Anita Bower
03-26-2011, 04:28 PM
Oh yes, a definite improvement! You sacrifice the more blurred bg, but get an in focus frog, which is the subject of the photo. :-) Smart of you to take several shots. I also like the more angled branch--or what appears to be more angled. I might take some off the left so it has a crop similar to original post. The less blurred bg is fine with me.

Jim Bridges
03-26-2011, 06:35 PM
Thanks Anita! I got to work on this little guy. about an inch long, for an hour and got several photos while it was catching flying insects that came close to it. I'm working on my PP skills so please have patience with me.:e3

bhavya joshi
03-26-2011, 10:58 PM
Yes...This one is clear.. In this also.. Good angle And Blur BG..
Waiting for other frogs..!!!!

Anita Bower
03-27-2011, 03:44 AM
Thanks Anita! I got to work on this little guy. about an inch long, for an hour and got several photos while it was catching flying insects that came close to it. I'm working on my PP skills so please have patience with me.:e3
Good for you! Did you take any shots with a faster shutter speed? Re. post processing--I am a slow learner and it is taking me many years to learn pp. My advice is to go at a pace that is comfortable for you.

Jim Bridges
03-27-2011, 07:06 AM
Good for you! Did you take any shots with a faster shutter speed? Re. post processing--I am a slow learner and it is taking me many years to learn pp. My advice is to go at a pace that is comfortable for you.

No faster SS...I was work in the shade and cloudy morning as well so at ISO 100 everything is going to be slow, but I do shoot from a tripod and remote release most of the time

Jim Bridges
03-27-2011, 07:08 AM
Yes...This one is clear.. In this also.. Good angle And Blur BG..
Waiting for other frogs..!!!!
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:RelyOnVML/> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]--> Thank you sir for the comments! I may post another as I get it PP.

Ken Childs
03-27-2011, 10:31 AM
Hi Jim, the second pic is definitely an improvement in clarity and in color....the colors are oversaturated in the OP. Blur the BG a bit and crop in tighter on that second pic and you'll definitely have a winner!

Officially you're not supposed to post more that one picture per post in the critique forums but we'll let it slide this time. ....revised edits of the OP are always OK. :S3:

Steve Maxson
03-27-2011, 10:54 AM
Hi Jim. I agree with the others that your OP was soft, oversaturated, and the whites were rather bright. :S3: The repost is way better on all counts! :cheers: A few tweaks to the background, as suggested by Ken, will make it even stronger. Also, you might consider some "eye-doctor" work. There are 3 catchlights in the eye and although they are natural in that you didn't use flash, I think the image would be more appealing if you cloned out two of them. I'm looking forward to more images of this cooperative fellow.

Jim Bridges
03-27-2011, 06:30 PM
Thanks for the comments and suggestions Ken and Steve! I forgot we could add a post except for rework and it won't happen again....very sorry:e3

Ed Cordes
03-28-2011, 11:58 AM
I love these little guys. The re post is much better RE detail. I like the extra room on the left as well. Youmight consider lightening the BG in the re post.