PDA

View Full Version : Red Rocks and Blue Ocean

Morkel Erasmus
03-25-2011, 01:34 PM
This is a perspective I captured last year on the South African Wild Coast.

Would love your feedback!

So much detail here I had to save at 45 quality setting :(

Techs:
Canon 7D with 10-22mm USM
f16 @ ISO-100
Blend of 2 exposures using luminosity masking

Jay Gould
03-25-2011, 02:09 PM

That is pretty close to perfection.

The hint of sunlight in the LLC grabs your eye and the leading lines that you both vertical and horizontal leading through the lovely foreground elements to the BKG elements.

This is a winner; proudly displayed on anyone's wall. :cheers: :cheers:

Dave Mills
03-25-2011, 03:31 PM
Hi Morkel, IMO(and Jay's) you have a winner with this one! Lower angle,beautiful light with lines in the rock bringing you out to the backround. Good job on the sky with just the right amount showing.No nits to mention here. A big well done!:5

Robert Amoruso
03-25-2011, 05:39 PM
Well seen, well composed with the rocks as leading lines FG to BG, lovely light, low angle, minimal sky. Just perfect IMO. Well done Morkel.

Hilary Hann
03-25-2011, 11:04 PM
Morkel, just beautiful. Would love to see it at full size to appreciate all the detail you have captured. The light is to die for and the composition is fantastic.

Morkel Erasmus
03-26-2011, 06:59 AM
thanks very much for the kind comments everyone! glad you like it...it does look quite decent at full resolution :)

Andrew McLachlan
03-28-2011, 07:23 PM
Hi Morkel, a little late to the party, but I think you nailed this one. I would not change a thing. The details in the rocks is superb! :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Gerald_Gilligan
04-01-2011, 12:36 AM
Hey Morkel,

I love the (last?) light on the rocks...

The leading line into the on coming wave keeps me looking deeper into the image..anticipating the Splash!

Did you take another image from a higher perspective?

Jerry

Morkel Erasmus
04-08-2011, 04:47 AM
thanks Andrew & Gerald

Gerald - it's first light actually :w3, unfortunately I didn't venture deeper towards the surf here :(

dankearl
04-10-2011, 06:07 PM
I would maybe crop just a bit of FG, otherwise just an excellent shot, great time of day and very nice colors.

David Stephens
04-11-2011, 12:26 PM
Wonderful.

I do think the crop suggested by dankearl does add power. Go to a more pano-like aspect ratio and cut a little below the red rock intersection on the right, that draws the eye further into the image, looking more to the ocean and less at the FG.