PDA

View Full Version : Bald Ealge in the Trees

Matt Shetzer
03-25-2011, 10:05 AM
Soaring.
A Bald Eagle soars into the trees on the Chikat river in Haines, Alaska.
Nikon d300, 500mm f/4, 1/1250 sec, at f5.6, ISO 800, Manual Mode

Thanks for the CC !!
Matt

Randy Stout
03-25-2011, 12:09 PM
Matt:

Beautiful exposure with excellent detail, nice banking pose, flying snow, harmonious background.

A couple of minor points. Too tightly framed for my tastes. Is this full frame? If so congrats on fine technique to keep him in the frame, if not, then add some room all the way around, esp. in front.

I might tone down the diagonal trunk under his chin, to match its brightness behind him, less obtrusive that way.

Well done!

Cheers

Randy

stuart wanuck
03-25-2011, 12:16 PM
great image good exposure as well as whites

Daniel Cadieux
03-25-2011, 05:10 PM
Ditto Randy about toning down the brighter branch under the bill, and for more room especially right and top. Excellent exposure and sharpness - details are awesome on the near wing. I also like the falling water drops, and the rusty coloured leaves speckled in the BG.

Herb Houghton
03-26-2011, 06:56 AM
Nice exposure and capture Matt. Although the exposure looks good, I don't see much detail in the tail. Ditto about the branch below the beak, it's evident even in the thumbnail.

Matt Shetzer
03-26-2011, 09:06 AM
Thanks all for the Critique. I've tweaked the image per your recommendations.

Matt

Nice exposure and capture Matt. Although the exposure looks good, I don't see much detail in the tail. Ditto about the branch below the beak, it's evident even in the thumbnail.

Dumay de Boulle
03-26-2011, 12:05 PM
Nice view of the top of the bird...I like the droplets...Every time I see a pic of one of these guys it looks almost like they are made of wax...Nicely done Matt