PDA

View Full Version : Coots at Cooterville....OMG

Dave Phillips
03-23-2008, 01:26 PM
The OMG, is that I am shocked. I made an image on March 17 a year ago and posted it
the other day here in landscape.
http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7900

Yesterday morning I was in the same area and NOW when I process what I shot this time, It's exactly the same place as a year ago...with coots!!:)

David and Robert gave me some good pointers and with the last post.
I think I applied them; smaller f stop, don't cut off tree bases on the edges and try to have the coots in some sort of organization

not a wide angle shot as this is way off in the distance.
70-200mm f/4 IS @ 173mm, ISO 800, 1/320, f/8

thanks for input guys:)

Alfred Forns
03-23-2008, 04:13 PM
Looking good Dave !!!! Excellent feel and crop looks just right !!!

About the only thing you could do is make local density changes for increasing contrast Will give a different look while
preserving the atmosphere !!!! Big Congrats !!!

David Kennedy
03-23-2008, 11:43 PM
I'm amazed you had an opportunity for a "Re-do!" Which button on the camera does that? :D

Good, careful framing on the sides with good head angles on the coots. It would be better if there was separation between the left-most coot and the bald cypress, but I'm really picking nits at this point! The light is nice, and the fog/mist low on the water adds atmosphere. You could enhance the contrast with the USM filter at 20%, Radius 50. If that proves to be too much, try it at 10%. Good work, Dave!

Robert Amoruso
03-24-2008, 06:52 AM
Dave,

Great improvement from the other image. Always nice to be able to revisit and area. Well done.

gary rouleau
03-24-2008, 10:02 PM
Fabulous re-do.