F16
1/200
ISO 500
Exposure -0.3
No flash

Randy Stout
03-25-2011, 07:45 AM
Pierre:

Excellent definition form the natural light, drops, DOF and sharpness, all very good. Excellent colors/BG

Perhaps a bit tight in the frame for my tastes, but I am a bird guy, so take it with grain of salt.

Cheers

Randy

Anita Bower
03-25-2011, 02:04 PM
Is this the same flower you posted earlier? This shot is so much better! Beautiful colors, smooth background, nice composition and crop. I like how the flower tips up a bit at the tip. :-)

Steve Maxson
03-25-2011, 08:57 PM
Hi Pierre. I agree with Anita - this image is stronger than your first. You have an interesting plant with attractive colors in nice light. I like the comp, the background is very nice, and all the water drops add interest. If you are OK with such things, I think the image would be even stronger if you cloned a few of the OOF elements on the back side of the stem - the grayish one about 7 cm up from the bottom of the stem catches my eye (a minor point). Overall, this is very well done.

Ken Childs
03-26-2011, 03:37 PM
Hi Pierre, I also like this one better than your previous post for reasons already mentioned. I agree with Steve's suggestion about removing some of the OOF elements. You might also consider selectively sharpening the very top of the flower. It looks a bit soft up there.

Pierre Smith
03-27-2011, 12:45 PM
Anita:: Not the same flower.
Thanks for everyones comments and suggestions.