PDA

View Full Version : Adding keywords on import

Vic Thornley
03-23-2011, 02:34 PM
HI

I am using Photoshop CS5 and Bridge to process my images. I am currently using a keyword system that describes such things as genus, species, behaviour, location and various other keywords. Some keywords apply to all photos I am about to import so am wondering if there was any way to add these keywords at import stage rather than in Bridge - ie, all images will be at the same location and some keywords are based on extra info thats useful to me (whether I was wearing contacts or glasses, in my blind etc etc)

My keyword structure also looks like a directory tree, ie:

Birds > (Sub keyword) Corvids > (sub keyword> Jay

Any one use such a method or could suggest one, most grateful

Vic.

Robert Amoruso
03-25-2011, 05:58 PM
Don't have a good suggestion for you. Let's see if someone else does Vic.

Christof Ruch
05-03-2011, 04:58 PM
Hi Vic,

just had another thread here where I recommended Photo Mechanic instead of Bridge - it's commercial, but well worth the price IMHO.

It can do what you are looking for: The ingest dialog allows for a so called "IPTC stationary Pad", which will be applied to all images during download from card. Usually used for Copyright, Photographer, etc., but it also has a Keywords box.

They have a free trial at camerabits.com, as far as I remember.

Greetings,
Christof

Andrew Bunney
05-04-2011, 10:50 AM
HI

I am using Photoshop CS5 and Bridge to process my images. I am currently using a keyword system that describes such things as genus, species, behaviour, location and various other keywords. Some keywords apply to all photos I am about to import so am wondering if there was any way to add these keywords at import stage rather than in Bridge - ie, all images will be at the same location and some keywords are based on extra info thats useful to me (whether I was wearing contacts or glasses, in my blind etc etc)

My keyword structure also looks like a directory tree, ie:

Birds > (Sub keyword) Corvids > (sub keyword> Jay

Any one use such a method or could suggest one, most grateful

Vic.

You can add on import, tag from a key word library, The keyword library can be hierarchical, mine is organised taxonomically and you can choose which parts of the hierarchy to include plus it allows synonyms which I use to add scientific names and red data book status. I also have a bio-geographical hierarchical set of keywords set up, and the european EUNIS habitat classification. It allows you to select multiple images from the library and multiple keywords and tag away, works great with a wacom cintiq

Happy so send anybody the birds of the world as an exported lightroom keyword list