PDA

View Full Version : swan

Giovanni Frescura
03-23-2011, 02:03 AM
Hello
I have a problem
I made my setting for Canon 7D and Canon Mark IV 1 D as Arthur Morris instruction (I bought his notice and all was very ok) but I have some problems with focus.
Sometimes , using both cameras, also if the focus point is right (seeing it by zoom browser) the shoot isout of the focus.
I attach an example. The focusponit is ok and also the speed of the shoot.
Could anyone help me ?

The lens and the camras ar ok as front or back focus (so said me the canon assistance...)
Thanks a lot also for private message
Giovanni

(gioeli@quipo.it)

Giovanni Frescura
03-23-2011, 02:05 AM
Hello
I have a problem
I made my setting for Canon 7D and Canon Mark IV 1 D as Arthur Morris instruction (I bought his notice and all was very ok) but I have some problems with focus.
Sometimes , using both cameras, also if the focus point is right (seeing it by zoom browser) the shoot isout of the focus.
I attach an example. The focusponit is ok and also the speed of the shoot.
Could anyone help me ?

The lens and the camras ar ok as front or back focus (so said me the canon assistance...)
Thanks a lot
Giovanni
gioeli@quipo.it

Julie Kenward
03-24-2011, 06:41 PM
Giovanni, I don't own either camera and I know they have a different focusing system than my 40D so I'm not going to speculate on what you might be doing wrong. That said, it's pretty obvious that something in your focusing is off because you nailed the BG and not the birds.

With the 40D, I choose a single focal point (usually the center or top left/right) and once I have that set (I hear the beep and see the point light up) confirming that it's where I want it, then I take the picture. Not sure if that's going to be any hellp to you or not...let's see what others have to say that own those cameras.