PDA

View Full Version : Second OOTB Re-Create contest - Winners

Indranil Sircar
03-22-2011, 06:35 PM
OOTB is pleased to announce the winner of second Re-create contest! Arthur Morris(Artie) provided one of his Egret images and judged the contest. Out of the twenty three entries, he has selected

Paul Lagasi as the winner for the image Mini-world (http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php/80060-Mini-World)! :5

This is what Artie had to say about the image "This one showed incredible creativity and left me scratching my head while enjoying the whimsical look."

Congratulations Paul! You have also won the prize "Day On The Bay" with Captain James Shadle on the luxurious Hooptie Deux!! Please contact James directly via PM to discuss scheduling and details.

We would also like to recognize the second and third place winners.

Second Place - Dan Brown for the image IX Eyed-smiling Egret! (http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php/79273-IX-Eyed-smiling-Egret) Artie thought "While much truer to the original this one also exhibited a sense of whimsy combined with wonderful out of the box creativity.

Third Place - Cheryl Slechta for the image Van Gogh-ish Egret (http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php/80918-Van-Gogh-ish-Egret) Artie said "I love the colors and patterns in the background here. Very Van Gogh."

Here is what Artie said overall "Picking the first place image was an easy decision for me as I simply loved it. With so many other wonderful images selecting the second and third place image was much more difficult for me. I changed my mind several times.... "

Congratulations to Dan and Cheryl for excellent images and to all the participants for very creative and wonderful images.

Thank you Artie for taking the time to go through the images and select the winners.

Christopher Miller
03-22-2011, 07:11 PM
Well done, Paul, Dan, and Cheryl! All three images are awesome. Big congratulations! :S3:

Kerry Perkins
03-22-2011, 07:13 PM
Congratulations Paul! Well done. Congrats to Dan and Cheryl also, nice job by all! :bg3:

denise ippolito
03-22-2011, 07:22 PM
Indranil, Thank you for all the behind the scenes work you did on this to organize it. Many folks forget that the Mods all work for free:S3:. Thanks again!
Arthur, Thank you for your time and contributing an image for this contest.

Paul, Fantastic image and congratulations on the win!!! A day on the bay with James is exciting!!:S3:
Dan and Cheryl, Great job you two!!!:S3:

Dan Brown
03-22-2011, 07:52 PM
Congrats, Paul! And Cheryl, great work from both of you!

Steve Adkins
03-22-2011, 08:06 PM
Really fun to see the variety of ideas with this contest. Congratulations Paul! Out of this world. :S3:. Congrats to Dan and Cheryl for your amazing entries!

Judy Howle
03-22-2011, 08:28 PM
Congrats to all of you! You showed a lot of creativity with your fantastic images.

Maureen Allen
03-22-2011, 08:32 PM
Congrats Paul, Dan and Cheryl! All great re-creates!

Richard Lovison
03-22-2011, 08:56 PM
Congratulations to Paul, Dan and Cheryl! All three images were imaginative and well done. :S3:

Richard

Brendan Dozier
03-22-2011, 10:19 PM
Congratulations Paul, Dan, & Cheryl! Very creative work! :5

Hazel Grant
03-22-2011, 10:24 PM
congrats!!!!!!!!!!!! You are in for a wonderful day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arthur Morris
03-23-2011, 10:27 AM
YAW Ms. Ippolito. It was fun and challenging.

Paul Lagasi
03-23-2011, 01:56 PM
Wow...I've tried to type a reply..this is 4th revision..:e3

Thanks to Everyone involved and for the lovely comments above....Indranil thanks
Dan and Cheryl, lovely work...
Artie, this means a lot...thank you

Right now I came in to my hotel, I'm in Hamilton (5hr drive south) looking for a female Mountain Bluebird that somehow strayed into southern Ontario, Canada...but what brutal conditions 28F and a 25 - 35 mph wind in my face coming off Lake Ontario making it feel much colder.
I'll be home tomorrow
Some will say Mountain Bluebird??? but this bird has no business being here, its another one for Ontario List

Paul Lagasi

Arthur Morris
03-23-2011, 03:58 PM
YAW. Good luck with the bird.

I did not know who belonged to which image (though I knew that I had seen the "Van Gogh.")

Andrew McLachlan
03-23-2011, 04:54 PM
Big Congrats Paul very well deserved.:cheers::5
Congrats also to Dan and Cheryl very nice work!

Paul, hope you took your snow shovel to Hamilton. Heard the roads were pretty brutal out there today. Good thing it is spring :S3:

Paul Lagasi
03-23-2011, 06:30 PM
lolol....What snow..:t3. Why do you think I'm in my hotel at 3 in the afternoon....thanks Andrew