PDA

View Full Version : Just hanging out

Gary Esman
03-22-2011, 06:28 PM
With the anticipation of the hummingbirds arriving back here in the next few weeks I thought I would share this shot from last year. Appreciate the comments and thanks for looking!

50D, 500mm, 1/250, iso 160, f/8.

Gary.

Randy Stout
03-22-2011, 06:35 PM
Gary:

Excellent gradient in the background, nice colors, good sized perch, soft light, good catchlight,head angle.

Looks like just out of a bath!

I rather like the dead leaf below, wish the other parts didn't tuck up under the bird, but minor. I like the framing too.

I don't know about them coming back soon! Too cold and damp!!

Cheers

Randy

Gary Esman
03-22-2011, 06:51 PM
Gary:

Excellent gradient in the background, nice colors, good sized perch, soft light, good catchlight,head angle.

Looks like just out of a bath!

I rather like the dead leaf below, wish the other parts didn't tuck up under the bird, but minor. I like the framing too.

I don't know about them coming back soon! Too cold and damp!!

Cheers

Randy

Thanks Randy. The gradient is our fence and the golf course. As of today they had hit the bottom of Kentucky. Should have the feeders out by April 1st so they do not go searching. :w3

Gary.

Daniel Cadieux
03-22-2011, 07:01 PM
Good comp, perch, colours. BG looks great - I guess golfing will starting soon too, eh! A small white strand needs cleaning at lower edge and I would have preferred a better body angle (seems angling away a bit), would you have been able to move left without disturbing the bird or introducing unwanted BG elements?

P.S. Love the ruffled feathers on the back, as well as the iridescence on the plumage!

Gary Esman
03-22-2011, 07:12 PM
Good comp, perch, colours. BG looks great - I guess golfing will starting soon too, eh! A small white strand needs cleaning at lower edge and I would have preferred a better body angle (seems angling away a bit), would you have been able to move left without disturbing the bird or introducing unwanted BG elements?

P.S. Love the ruffled feathers on the back, as well as the iridescence on the plumage!

Thanks Daniel! Our backyard is lined with very large oak trees so the nice backgrounds are limited. This shot was taken from the master bedroom window so moving was not an option. Better placement of a perch in the future is though. Appreciate the input.

Gary.

Peter Farrell
03-22-2011, 07:52 PM
Beautiful, Gary. I love the ruffled feather look, great detail and colors.
Peter

RAM MALLYA
03-23-2011, 12:28 AM
Lovely details and BG

Harshad Barve
03-23-2011, 01:20 AM
excellent details , sharp and nicely exposed , VWD
TFS

Arsdel Fluesmeier
03-23-2011, 02:54 PM
Excellent detail . Great background

Jim Crosswell
03-24-2011, 07:34 AM
Nice image Gary! I like the ruffled feathers, BG and sharpness. I hope to see them soon as well.