PDA

View Full Version : Black crowned night heron and a turtle.

Kaustubh Deshpande
03-22-2011, 09:26 AM
40D. 400f5.6L at f/6.3. iso 400. 1/640s. evaluative +1

This is more of a grab shot as I barely got a few minutes before the bird flew off....without turning his head. Do you like the turtle? I wish light was better on the turtle. I have done some dodging on it. They were under a bridge.

All C&C welcome

Jeff Dyck
03-22-2011, 10:00 AM
Kaustubh - I like the background of the shot, but I think the heron could really use some more contrast. I really like the idea of the interaction between the heron and the turtle, but the photo doesn't quite deliver - ideally there would have been eye contact between the two of them (i.e. each looking directly at the other).

Duane Noblick
03-22-2011, 10:14 AM
I agree with Jeff about some interaction between both of them would have made this a more pleasing image. I do like the bg and water colors.

Vivaldo Damilano
03-22-2011, 11:49 AM
The colours are out of this world, also like the detail on the bird. I would add a bit more canvas on the right. Lovely image TFS :cheers::cheers:

Jim Crosswell
03-22-2011, 11:56 AM
Nice image Kaustubh. I like the turtle but also wish the Heron was looking directly at him.

Mikko Viljamaa
03-22-2011, 05:05 PM
Kaustubh I don't mind the "wrong" HA in this case when the Heron seems to be looking at the turtle. Great details and smooth BG as usually is the case with your photos. I like this!

Mikko

Roman Kurywczak
03-22-2011, 06:11 PM
Hey Kaustubh,
I think you were close on this one....but the disconnect didn't quite pull ot off. I think if you had all those things you wanted....this would be over the top!

Kaustubh Deshpande
03-23-2011, 09:55 AM
Thx everyone. agree with all comments. I wish the bird had given me more time. I'd taken this shot to just check the histogram and had not even noticed the turtle :-)

Craig Brelsford
03-23-2011, 11:25 PM
Kaus, I love the concept, and I admire your trying to stretch your boundaries. I agree that the HA of the heron is not a problem, so long as it's looking at the turtle. But the heron doesn't seem to be looking at the turtle. Also, the turtle is so small and indistinct that I might have mistaken it for a piece of wood. The BG colors are very pleasing.