PDA

View Full Version : A world of fire ants

Maureen Allen
03-21-2011, 09:33 PM
I've been battling fire ants all week and am covered with bites. No amount of poison seems to deter them. In fact, I'm convinced they enjoy the challenge. Resilient little buggers.

The original was an image of a rather large fire ant dwelling on my patio. I applied topaz adjust/vibrance, topaz simplify/cartoon, PB/circle splash, PB/oil, increased saturation and gave it a little blur, then added the black edge.

Steve Adkins
03-21-2011, 09:51 PM
This is intense! I wonder if some of the battle/fight transfered to this image. :w3 Amazing amount of effects/processing. I like the off center comp and vivid colors and graphics. It does look like a fire ant world! :5

denise ippolito
03-22-2011, 06:57 AM
Maureen, It reminds me of a tufted button! Love the graphic quality and the colors. I would NEVER guess an ant!:S3:

Dawn Currie
03-22-2011, 10:03 AM
This is the only time I've thought a fire ant looked good. You've turned a very nasty subject into a great image. Well done!

Brendan Dozier
03-22-2011, 02:37 PM
I agree, Maureen, you turned a negative issue into a triumphant work of art! The lines and colors give it an instense vibrant energy. Very creative use of processing. Nice job!

Maureen Allen
03-22-2011, 10:59 PM
Thanks for the comments. I wish I could report that the fire ants have been defeated, but it seems they've brought in reinforcements, so it may be a long battle :eek:

Kerry Perkins
03-22-2011, 11:02 PM
Maureen, you could have told me it was anything and I would believe it, unless you said "fire ant". :bg3: Really cool colors and I love the rays. Great combination of filters in your workflow, makes for a bold image. Good one!

Andrew McLachlan
03-23-2011, 04:56 PM
Maureen, very cool filtering and I love the colors and rays.:S3:

Maureen Allen
03-23-2011, 05:19 PM
Thanks Kerry and Andrew :S3: