PDA

View Full Version : White faced Heron

Tom Rambaut
03-21-2011, 07:36 PM
7d, 500mm + 1.4ext, 1/250 @6.3, iso 320. EV +1.

Hunting in the low tide rock pools - focus!!

I went for a tight crop - I have more on the right if need be. I like the foot work these guys do. This image was about capturing that more than anything else.

Thanks, Tom

Brendan Dozier
03-21-2011, 08:37 PM
Great pose, and like the tight crop on this, Tom. The intense look, foot and diagonal of the body shape across the frame make for a nice composition.

Daniel Cadieux
03-21-2011, 09:20 PM
Interesting crop with a very intimante feel. I'd be tempted to crop even more above - to about the widest part of the shoulder just for better anchoring of the subject up there. I love the raised foot and great details in the neck feathers. A few of the specular highlights (especially the ones near the foot) should go IMO, and judging from the concentric circles the image MAY need a bit of CCW rotation. Although a better HA would be awesome, the fact that it is staring intently at a potential food morsel makes it OK as is.

Tom Rambaut
03-22-2011, 05:34 AM
Hmm good points Daniel.

I needed that piece of string again - pull the head into place:eek:.

This bird was catching crabs - I managed to stuff up all of the images of the crab in the beak.

Pieter de Waal
03-22-2011, 03:14 PM
Like the composition here Tom, brings one right into the action and story. HA does'nt bother me as IMO it is in context with the action being portayed.