PDA

View Full Version : Western Bluebird

Brendan Dozier
03-21-2011, 06:34 PM
Western Bluebird taken at park last week. Did not realize how blue these guys got! Cleaned up some white wash on perch, removed ant crawling on his beak & lightened eye. Standard ACR & PP.

7D, EF70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM +2.0x
1/1000

C & C welcome & appreciated,

- Brendan

Don Lacy
03-21-2011, 07:05 PM
Hi Brendan, Nice feather detail and HA but the square crop and placing the subject to the right of the frame does not work for me. Would prefer a more conventional crop that does no crowd the bird.

RAM MALLYA
03-21-2011, 08:52 PM
Lovely details of the bird and loved the colors here

Daniel Cadieux
03-21-2011, 09:31 PM
Perch and crop are not ideal, but I like the colours and pose. Details seem a bit coarse, was this a big crop? I'd also apply some NR to the BG.

Ant on the bill?? I'd be curious to see how that looked like:S3:

Brendan Dozier
03-21-2011, 10:34 PM
Thanks for the feedback folks.
Daniel, I agree crop & perch are not ideal. It was a big crop, so that did lower IQ. For repost, took your suggestion and did some NR with Topaz DeNoise, also adjusted the crop while trying to keep bird from being too centered, and reduced amount of perch in frame (since not ideal).

Stu Bowie
03-22-2011, 10:38 AM
Hi Brendan, Ive seen a few of these guys on the site, and really like their colours, especially the blues. Your repost does work better with regards to the crop, but it seems you ran NR over the whole image. The birds chest plumage looks way to smooth.

Vivaldo Damilano
03-22-2011, 12:00 PM
Agree with Stuart, prefer the first image as it is sharper :S3: Lovely looking bird and love their colour TFS :cheers:

Brendan Dozier
03-22-2011, 02:24 PM
Thanks Stuart & Vivaldo,

Hi Brendan, Ive seen a few of these guys on the site, and really like their colours, especially the blues. Your repost does work better with regards to the crop, but it seems you ran NR over the whole image. The birds chest plumage looks way to smooth.

Yes, your right, I rushed it, and should have done NR on BG seperately, and maybe just a tad on the head. Not the greatest image, but worth fixing up a bit more. Will work on it soon.