PDA

View Full Version : White Beauties

Judy Howle
03-20-2011, 07:33 AM
I did this a few days ago. I think I used Topaz Clean and a native Ps filter on it like paint daubs. I added a dark green texture with darker edges and masked the flower. I also added a texture to make it resemble watercolor paper. I thought of cropping some off the bottom, what do you think?

Andrew McLachlan
03-20-2011, 06:57 PM
Judy, I love the filtering you did on this one. Beautiful blossoms. I think I agree with you that a little off the bottom would help, perhaps to eliminate the darkest areas? Very nice work!

Paul Lagasi
03-20-2011, 07:38 PM
I love the texture and look to the flowers, I do agree it needs cropping but not sure where but a lovely job of PP...TFS

denise ippolito
03-20-2011, 09:20 PM
Judy, I like this a lot. I might crop a sliver but no more off the bottom. I like seeing some stems it kind of anchors it to me. Nice job with the filter.:S3:

Kerry Perkins
03-20-2011, 11:44 PM
Hi Judy, nice application of one of my favorite filters. I'm liking the effect and colors. I agree that you don't need much off the bottom, better to my eye to extend the stems that disappear into black to the bottom of the frame. I think this would be pretty easy and would make for a stronger image. Thanks for posting Judy!

Kerry Perkins
03-20-2011, 11:53 PM
Hi Judy, nice application of one of my favorite filters. I'm liking the effect and colors. I agree that you don't need much off the bottom, better to my eye to extend the stems that disappear into black to the bottom of the frame. I think this would be pretty easy and would make for a stronger image. Thanks for posting Judy!

Judy Howle
03-21-2011, 05:02 PM
Thanks to everyone for your comments! I have cropped a bit off the bottom.

Steve Adkins
03-21-2011, 06:58 PM
Very nice repost, Judy. The colors/texture/glow are wonderful. :S3:

Brendan Dozier
03-21-2011, 08:20 PM
Wow Judy! This is really nice, and great use of Topaz Clean. The dark green BG really brings out blossoms well. Nice job! :5

Judy Howle
03-21-2011, 09:03 PM
Thanks Steve and Brendan!

Christopher Miller
03-22-2011, 06:42 PM
Very lovely lighting and painted look, Judy. Definitely looks better with a little off the bottom. Nice work!