PDA

View Full Version : Tulip Leaves 2

Anita Bower
03-20-2011, 06:19 AM
This a second attempt at photographing Tulip leaves, with a little more sharpness on the top of the front leaf, while still keeping the bg blurred.

Nikon D300, Sigma 105mm, f8 ("relative"), 1/80, ISO 400, overcast, tripod, manual focus with Live View, Manual exposure.

PP: PS7, basic corrections, Topaz DeNoise, Topaz Adjust "exposure correction," cloned some blemishes, painted in some color in light areas, even-out bg.

bhavya joshi
03-21-2011, 08:56 AM
Looking great,
BG also looking good, I like this one as Earlier Tulip leaves....:S3:

Anita Bower
03-21-2011, 11:32 AM
Looking great,
BG also looking good, I like this one as Earlier Tulip leaves....:S3:

Thank you.

Roman Kurywczak
03-21-2011, 12:14 PM
Hey Anita,
I do like the concept but some of the left edge leaves seem to make the comp a bit busy. I wonder if slectively toning down areas or even smoothing them out will help with the overall flow? I admire that you are trying something very different and difficult......looking forward to your next attempts as I think you will get them shortly!

Anita Bower
03-21-2011, 01:55 PM
Hey Anita,
I do like the concept but some of the left edge leaves seem to make the comp a bit busy. I wonder if slectively toning down areas or even smoothing them out will help with the overall flow? I admire that you are trying something very different and difficult......looking forward to your next attempts as I think you will get them shortly!

I see what you mean. Thank for the feedback.

Ken Childs
03-21-2011, 03:56 PM
Hey Anita, I like that you're trying again with these leaves. Roman's point about the edges is interesting....there seems to be halos on the halos! :bg3:

I think this shot has great potential for the OOTB forum so save it and see what you and Photoshop can come up with. :S3:

Anita Bower
03-21-2011, 04:09 PM
Hey Anita, I like that you're trying again with these leaves. Roman's point about the edges is interesting....there seems to be halos on the halos! :bg3:

I think this shot has great potential for the OOTB forum so save it and see what you and Photoshop can come up with. :S3:

Halos on halos seem to be the result of shallow dof. Yes, I think some textures would be nice on this image. Thanks.

Brendan Dozier
03-22-2011, 12:30 AM
I think its a good looking comp, and you are definitely on to something, Anita. I agree regarding the halos. Further experimentation with PP and some filters should take this to the next level!

Steve Maxson
03-22-2011, 10:59 AM
Hi Anita. My thoughts are similar to Roman's on this one. :S3: I might also suggest just a bit more room on the left where the OOF leaf is almost touching the edge.

Anita Bower
03-22-2011, 11:02 AM
I appreciate the comments. It is always helpful to know what isn't working, as that is not always obvious to the photographer. :-)