F9
1/10
iso200
pp in nx2

http://i1021.photobucket.com/albums/af332/dkearl/DSC_0037_2_2_2_2_2-2.jpg

Roman Kurywczak
03-18-2011, 09:41 AM
Hey Dan,
Interesting effect applied so give a little more on what you did. Looks like sort of an Orton effect. I think you chose a good title as it gives us some direction in your thinking. I am a bit bothered by the large sky amount so would just leave about 1/2 inch - inch above the evergreens. I am mostly bothered by the OOF LR fg and came up with a few options for you there. My first is to crop just above the flower in the LR or to the top of the dark half circle log in the middle. This pano would work better for me as the tones in the Fg were too dominant. Which leads me to the third option of just toning the lighter brownish FG down some more. This may allow you to keep the entire FG but as it is OOF.....I think the crop will work best but you can check those options out for yourself. I think this one just needs a bit more tweaking.

Dave Mills
03-18-2011, 01:32 PM
Hi Dan, Agree with Roman regarding cropping the top. Far more room is devoted to it than necessary and pulls the eye in that direction. I also agree on cropping out part of the foreground as Roman suggested due to it's busyness and the oof area is a bit distracting. The pond,trees and small building look quite nice but I might have searched for other foregrounds.
Not sure if you wanted the foreground blurry but shooting this scene at F/9 with the foreground so close will almost ensure that area will be soft..

Robert Amoruso
03-21-2011, 03:07 PM
I too agree with Roman and Dave. The FG does not help with that exceptional looking background of lake trees and cabin.