PDA

View Full Version : Chipmunk

Stan Hoyt
01-04-2008, 09:26 AM
Nikon D70 500/4 + 2x 1000mm f8 1/60 iso 400

Used a monopod. Middle Georgia on May 29 at 10:48 am. This little guy had just emerged from a hole in a wall made of cross ties and perched for a few moments before scampering off.

Arthur Morris
01-04-2008, 09:35 AM
Cute, sharp, and a good exposure. Biggest problem is that the cute little guy is looking away from you.

One minute in Photoshop resulted in the image below. What did I do?

Later and love, artie

Stan Hoyt
01-04-2008, 09:43 AM
Looks like you cloned out several distracting items -- the bright spot behind the head, green leaves at the bottom and a spot on the left edge. You have indeed made it a cleaner, stronger image. Now if you could only show me how to turn his head this way... Thanks for the critique, Artie.

Arthur Morris
01-04-2008, 10:05 AM
Once you have everything lined up and are aware that the animal is looking away, a little squeak will either get it to look at you or scare it away. As my philosophy is to always go for the absolute best image, the choice is an easy one for me.

later and love, artie

Alfred Forns
01-04-2008, 10:13 AM
Great improvement !!! Wonder how well the noise trick will work with these little critters !!!!

D. Robert Franz
01-04-2008, 10:22 AM
A very cute image that it well exposed and sharp. The comp with the chipmunk looking into the frame is pleasing. The bit of PS processing that Artie did was an improvement. The bright green OOF leaf near the edge of the frame was a bit distracting along with a bright highlight behind the subject. The squeak trick works well with small mammals..

Jasper Doest
01-05-2008, 06:31 AM
I really don't mind this little fellow looking away from you. I think it adds to the photograph. Now it looks like it is sitting on the egde and looking into the world. The PS processing of Artie is an improvement indeed