PDA

View Full Version : True Love

Cynthia Roe
03-15-2011, 09:48 AM
I shot this image here in Bradley Beach using a D2X on 8/6 at 7:22 pm. Shutter Spped 1/500 sec @ f/8 with ISO 400. Lens 17-55 mm f/2.8 with focal length 40.0

I convert the image using Silver Efex 3.0. I embossed the words True Love on the bottle and moved it over to the left a little and used PS free transform to title it so that it pointed more to the loving couple.

Would love to know ways that I could improve this image.

Steve Bein
03-15-2011, 10:40 AM
Very cool. My only comments, with my aging eyes, would to make the letters on the bottle a bit more defined and move the bottle a bit closer to the power point, tilting as necessary, as it seems low for the composition to me. Not sure if that can be done, but I think it would make the image stronger.

Cynthia Roe
03-15-2011, 10:43 AM
Sure I can bring it in close to the subject and increase the size of the wording. I was trying to get the words to appear old and faded like the bottle.

Steve Bein
03-15-2011, 12:44 PM
Cynthia,
I meant not larger, but a bit darker so the words stand out more. A bit hard to read for me. I would like to see the changes. This is a neat image. The bottle pointing towards the couple draws the eye to them and for me, the title was missed. I enjoy it this is good work.

denise ippolito
03-15-2011, 04:24 PM
Cynthia, Big Welcome to OOTB. Great first post. I do love the vignette and the B&W. The perspective is very nice. I might look into a CW rotation. Steve makes a good point about the letters as I would have missed them w/o you mentioning them. As a FG element the bottle is a touch close to the edge but I love that you turned it towards the couple (that's a nice touch). Nicely done and I'm looking forward to more.:S3:

Christopher Miller
03-15-2011, 07:36 PM
A very touching image, Cynthia. I love the vignette and B&W which add a lot to the poignancy of it. Great idea with the bottle; the lettering just needs to be a little more obvious as the others have stated. Very nice work and welcome to OOTB! :S3:

Steve Adkins
03-16-2011, 08:46 PM
Cynthia,
Welcome! Great imaginative image and comp. Sort of a different take on "spin the bottle". :S3:
Agree the letters might need a small boost.