PDA

View Full Version : Strolling Ibus

Ron Caswell
03-15-2011, 07:21 AM
Taken in Boca Raton FL last week. 1D4 500f4 w/1.4tc 1/1000 7.1 iso 800.
I kinda like this image, mostly the light airy feel and mood of the Ibus, was wondering if others feel the same way or not. Any C&C would be appreciated. Thank you, Ron

http://caswell.zenfolio.com/img/s9/v15/p380117532.jpg

Levina de Ruijter
03-15-2011, 09:01 AM
Normally I would like a better head angle, but in this case it's as if the bird is looking at the incoming wave and that totally works for me. Also I like the pastel, light quality of the image. Lovely!

Dave Leroy
03-15-2011, 09:06 AM
Certainly a different look and I like it.

Nice clean shot with a simple interaction.

I am not sure yet how to do a border, but I am starting to think that photos with light bg's would look better with a thin black border.

Thanks for posting. Different.

Dave

Sidharth Kodikal
03-15-2011, 09:12 AM
I really like such clean images. The incoming wave adds interest. A better view of the eye would have improved it even more imo, but it definitely works for me as presented.

Randy Stout
03-15-2011, 10:16 AM
Ron:

Interesting take on this juvi white ibis. I like the soft, subdued lighting, wave rolling in, low shooting angle. Generally a shot from the back works better with the head turned sig. more towards the camera.

It does give that impression of just being out for a casual stroll.

To me he looks like he is listing to the left a bit, and I might try a bit of CW rotation (<1 degree prob)

Look forward to more from your trip.

Cheers

Randy

Katie Rupp
03-15-2011, 01:20 PM
I really like this image! the soft lighting, "strolling" pose, low angle and the the fact that the Ibis isn't making eye-contact creates a feeling of solitude. And that in-coming wave adds balance takes the viewer into the image.

Ron Caswell
03-15-2011, 05:02 PM
Thank you all for your C&C, Randy I think I do see a touch of a list. I do not print many pictures I take but I may print this one. Ron