PDA

View Full Version : Morning Light

Stan Hoyt
01-04-2008, 09:17 AM
10D 300/4 + 1.4x f5.6 1/500 iso 200

Taken in middle Georgia at 8:25 am in early September. I loved the way the morning sun lit up the algae. The egret was a bonus. Slight crop.

Robert Amoruso
01-04-2008, 02:46 PM
Stan,

Your right, the yellow/gold reflection is great and that is what needs to be emphasized. Below I posted a recrop of the image with a rule of thirds grid applied. I did not place the powerpoint at the egret as that ended up cropping out the stumps on the right. I like the stumps. If you place the PP on the egret, you still have a strong image, but either works IMO.

The ROT grid is a cropping tool that is resizable and helps me crop images.

There is a little bit of the OOF bushes left in my recrop and I would clone them out. In your version above, the OOF bushes in the FG are distracting that the forest in the BG is too large an element in the image.

Thanks for posting.

Stan Hoyt
01-04-2008, 03:41 PM
Again, very helpful comments, Robert. The ROT tool sounds very useful, but I don't see it in my copy of Photoshop (I have CS or 8.0). Thanks again.

Robert Amoruso
01-04-2008, 08:47 PM
Stan,

It is an action. Not mine but freeware. Send me your email at wildscapeimages@comcast.net and I will email it to you. I am planning on posting in a sticky my most used techniques and this will be one of them for donwload.

Stan Hoyt
01-05-2008, 08:55 AM
Robert, for some reason I'm getting the following message when I try to email your link. I'll watch for your sticky. Thanks again.

The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address.

Robert Amoruso
01-05-2008, 10:32 AM
Robert, for some reason I'm getting the following message when I try to email your link. I'll watch for your sticky. Thanks again.

The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address.

Sorry, I can't even spell my own email address. I corrected it above but here it is again.

wildscapeimages@comcast.net