PDA

View Full Version : Woodpecker

Sid Overbey
03-22-2008, 07:11 PM
I am just starting out so any comments and suggestions are very much appreciated. What should I do with leaves behind this guy?
Nikon D70
Nikkor 70-300MM G
1/800
F6.3 @ 300MM

Thanks.
Sid

Harold Davis
03-22-2008, 07:18 PM
sid, you have a very tough situation here. a couple of things to consider: a flash would help with the shadows and get some more detail in the bird and as far as the leaves go, try to get the bird in a cleaner environment.

as far as this pic goes, i would crop the left a ton and make this a vertical compo instead of a square. i may would even take a tad bit off the left.

welcome to BPN and i cant wait to see more from you. keep em coming!!

Alfred Forns
03-22-2008, 11:48 PM
Big Welcome Sid !!!!

Agree with Harold The leaves are competing and overpowering the bird Always look for clean bg if possible On other note is that the bird is in partial shade You will not be able to make many good images with birds in partial shade Try having the subject all in sun/shade

An ideal position in frame for the little guy would have been the lower right corner Small birds in frame look best in corners Avoid the middle of frame Looking forward to many more !!!

..... Would like to make an name update and have you with full name Pleas pm and let me know Thanks !!!

Oscar Zangroniz
03-26-2008, 06:20 AM
Sid,
Welcome to BPN.
Since you've been critiqued by the best there is nothing for me to say, except a big welcome and look forward to many more.
Regards,