PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on my blog

Jamie Douglas
03-12-2011, 06:56 PM
Hi

I wasnt sure where to post this but I wanted to get some feedback on my blog I created the other day.

http://jmdouglasphotography.blogspot.com/

I concentrate on all areas of Canadian Wildlife from Birds to Bears and thought it would be nice to put together a blog so people can follow my encounters.

Thanks

Jamie

Chris Ober
03-13-2011, 09:28 AM
Off to a decent start. One thing that bugs me about these pre-packaged templates is that they limit the width of the actual content and create a lot of empty, wasted space on the sides. You might also consider a shorter logo/title graphic. I'm running at 1900x1200 resolution and the graphic along with the usual browser menu structure takes up half a screen height. Those with smaller resolutions who might want to check it regularly will have to scroll down every time to see any new content.

Jamie Douglas
03-13-2011, 03:34 PM
Thank you Chris. I appreciate the feedback.

I also share the same thoughts about the title image so I am trying to design a logo for the header rather than having the graphic

Jamie

denise ippolito
03-13-2011, 10:28 PM
Jamie, It looks good. I didn't see an email address or contact info. Will you be selling your images or answering emails behind the scenes?

Jamie Douglas
03-14-2011, 09:18 PM
ahhhhh thanks Denise, I totally overlooked adding contact info. Was too concerned with making sure it would interest folks. I dont want to just post photos.

Thank you

Jamie