PDA

View Full Version : Green Heron Stretching

Dave Phillips
03-22-2008, 06:34 PM
Was at my fav location this morning, just thinking about the green herons that will be there soon.
Only saw frogs, snakes and a gar under the surface there today.
Here's one gh from last july that was really stretching, and do you know they have xray vision?
I swear they can see right through the duckweed and muck

400mm, ISO 400, 1/500, f/7.1....appreciate critiques(know a lower angle would have been better)

Fabs Forns
03-22-2008, 06:40 PM
Great pose, except for the head facing away. Your light was not the best either. Nice perch and compo, though :)

Jim Poor
03-22-2008, 06:45 PM
Ditto on the angle. This is a great pose from a position more to the side or front of the bird. From the rear quarter though it brings to mind thoughts of a doctor visit required of males once we reach a certain age. Of course to get that angle you might have needed to wade into the mouth of the gator we don't see hiding off to the left :D

Axel Hildebrandt
03-22-2008, 06:54 PM
Great setting, angle and BG. It would have been even better if the bird would have faced you more. Could you have moved to your left?

Juan Carlos Vindas
03-22-2008, 08:03 PM
Greatly done! love the colors and detail, to me he looks concentrated in what he is doing, looking for food.

Linda Robbins
03-23-2008, 09:55 AM
Great pose but wish you could have moved your position to get a better angle. The light was harsh and it looks like you may have overdone a s/h adjustment a bit. The image is very well-framed.

Dave Phillips
03-23-2008, 01:38 PM
thanks for all the input, I am finally becoming "so aware" of proper angles, thanks to comments here at BPN.
Moving for this one was not an option however