PDA

View Full Version : A morning clean

Stuart Hill
03-11-2011, 03:05 PM
Taken last month at Cape Coral. Fell in love with these guys and watched them for hours.

regards.
Stu.

D300 Sigma 500 4.5
1/640 @ F8 -0.3ev
Ap priority

Daniel Cadieux
03-11-2011, 06:37 PM
Well exposed, sharp as posted. I like the grooming pose. It is not often we see this species with its eyes closed...I'd admittedly prefer to see a bit of the eye open but realize this is part of the behaviour depicted. I wish the green grass blader didn't intersect the bill/talon.

I feel the same way as you do about these little owls...such endearing characters...

Katie Rupp
03-11-2011, 07:44 PM
This has a very sweet feel to it. A few years ago I was photographing the burrowing owls at that same location and felt as you did, just loved watching them. The sad news for me is that I accidentally formatted the card from that afternoon before I downloaded it.:eek:

Peter Farrell
03-11-2011, 07:54 PM
A very nice habitat/behavioral shot, Stuart. Bird looks great, nice BG and composition. I agree with Daniel about the blade of grass.
Peter

Stuart Hill
03-12-2011, 11:00 AM
Thanks for the critique. I did try a move across to clear the grass but the perch posts then became part of the background. Will work on a re-post to remove the blade of grass.

Close up he/she seems to have tiny feathers for eyelashes.

Kind regards.
Stu.