PDA

View Full Version : Morning Pose

Gus Cobos
03-22-2008, 06:11 PM
This young fellow was posing for Mr. Harold and I at Anhinga Trail early morning. He was painted with a Nikon D70s and a Nikkor 300mm f/4D. focal length 420mm / exposure mode aperture priority / matrix metering / ISO - 500 / 1/250sec - f/5.6 / exposure comp 0EV
color mode sRGB / hue adjustment set to 0 / no flash / no tripod / WB set to auto

Comments greatly appreciated...:D

Gus...:cool:

Harold Davis
03-22-2008, 07:01 PM
hey gus, i doctored up your pic a bit. i gave him an eye!! there's an oof band that runs right into his chest. i tried to darken it a little to make it more subtle and i took the light area behind the bird and just changed the color to match the bg. ran noise reduction and that's it.

the bird has a greenish tint to him. i tried to color balance but i guess that's not my forte. still working on it.

how do you like it?

Harold Davis
03-22-2008, 07:09 PM
made a halo by trying it my way. be curious to hear from the experts!!

Gus Cobos
03-22-2008, 07:25 PM
I like it Harold...:D

Oscar Zangroniz
03-22-2008, 09:33 PM
I like both, the bg is great and love the pose.
Congrats gus!!!!

Alfred Forns
03-22-2008, 11:50 PM
You did pretty good Harold !!! I like the re post Would suggest adding a little canvas to the top

I like the capture Gus !!! Pleasing and sharp Well exposed also !!!

Nonda Surratt
03-23-2008, 05:47 PM
Nice image Gus!! Really like the BG colors too. Nice fix Harold.

William Malacarne
03-23-2008, 06:21 PM
Gus
Nice exposure and I really like the glow on it.

Bill

Yves Matteau
03-24-2008, 04:01 PM
Question for Harold Davis: As a beginner in photoshop, how did you change the red color only in the eye???
I sure would appreciate a clear step by step answer.

Harold Davis
03-24-2008, 04:05 PM
yves, i must apologize but i did not use photoshop. i used capture nx. if you would like for me to explain it still, let me know. i will be happy to.

Yves Matteau
03-25-2008, 02:43 PM
Harold, thanks for answer. Well, i don`t know capture nx. Would you be kind enough to tell me more how to get it and still how you did the job?

Harold Davis
03-25-2008, 04:02 PM
hi yves. you can download a 30-day trial here: http://support.nikontech.com/cgi-bin/nikonusa.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=61

as far as how i did: i selected a color control point and placed it on the eye. went into View and selected Show Selection. this darkens the image except for the area to be worked on. i made sure that only the eye was lit and then i went back to View and unchecked Show Selection. on the Color Control Point tab, i selected Advanced. clicked on the color swatch which brings up a drop down menu called Color Picker. i moved the color picker dial around to the red area and then moved the color picker around in the triangle to find a suitable red for the eye. clicked OK on the Color Picker tab, clicked OK on the Color Control Point tab and voila, the eye is now red, all while keeping the detail in the eye!!

hope this helps. sorry for being long winded, but i wanted to be thorough.

Alfred Forns
03-25-2008, 09:41 PM
Doing good Harold !!! That is on way (and a good one) of doing it !!!

Yves it is all about selections There are books (big ones) on only selections. In PS you basically have to types of changes Global and local

With the new softwares like LightRoom Global changes are done at the time of conversion Lots can be done For Local changes PS is king. You affect changes in a localized area like the eye of the bird. One method of selecting and a powerful one is quick mask

It basically masks an area for selection Might look difficult at first by its easy and basic Easier to show than explain Would suggest getting Robert O'toole's CD It s quick learning and easy to understand You could get the book on masking but its the long way around !!!!

Yves Matteau
03-26-2008, 08:10 AM
Doing good Harold !!! That is on way (and a good one) of doing it !!!

Yves it is all about selections There are books (big ones) on only selections. In PS you basically have to types of changes Global and local

With the new softwares like LightRoom Global changes are done at the time of conversion Lots can be done For Local changes PS is king. You affect changes in a localized area like the eye of the bird. One method of selecting and a powerful one is quick mask

It basically masks an area for selection Might look difficult at first by its easy and basic Easier to show than explain Would suggest getting Robert O'toole's CD It s quick learning and easy to understand You could get the book on masking but its the long way around !!!!

Thank you so much for all your precious advices. My last question: " How can i get the Robert O`toole`s cd??

Harold Davis
03-26-2008, 02:26 PM
scroll back up to the top of this page and when you see the orange box, click on it!! i think it is there. good luck!