PDA

View Full Version : The alert Tiger | Pench National Park

RakeshDhareshwar
03-10-2011, 05:44 AM
One of the family of 5 tigers I sighted in Pench National Park . Since it was my first sighting of the tiger , it was very very special . This cub came out in the open and I liked the alert pose .
Camera : Nikon D 200
Lens : 300 f4 AFS
Shutters : 1/500
Aperture : f4
Speed : ISO 400

Cheers,
Rakesh

Robert Amoruso
03-10-2011, 05:59 AM
I like the peeking through the bushes look to the image. Dappled lighting pleasing here as is the tiger's alertness.

Steve Kaluski
03-10-2011, 06:28 AM
Hi Rakesh, I like the colour, clarity and sharpness of the image and as Robert has said, the way the Tiger is emerging from the deep undergrowth. The light works well on this too.

Still not sure about the OOF foliage top right and whether a tighter crop might be more suitable and subject to IQ? Would like to have seen the image bigger to appreciate it more, but without the black banner below, as for me, it detracts from the subject and the © could be embedded into the image itself.

Always nice to see these magnificent beasts. :cheers:

TFS
Steve

Marc Mol
03-10-2011, 07:21 AM
The alert pose and lighting are first class here Rakesh. The lower black banner is distracting however.
TFS

Ken Watkins
03-10-2011, 07:33 AM
Marvelous "in evironment" image, showing the Tiger in its home.

The foliage could be seen to be a nuisance but there is generally a lot of it in the forest:w3

Great light and eye.

I could do without the banner at the bottom but I can also easily ignore it.

Harshad Barve
03-10-2011, 07:57 AM
This image of yours is embedded in my mind , Cant get better than this to start Tiger
Love the light , pose and alert pose , excellent :cheers:
TFS

PS , Would love to see bigger image , not many forums gives chance to post 1024 pix wide :w3

Rachel Hollander
03-10-2011, 10:17 AM
Great pose in its environment and I like the lighting.

TFS,
Rachel

Morkel Erasmus
03-10-2011, 05:03 PM
lovely dappled light - showing the tiger in its jungle

Rakesh I would consider posting images without the border, not merely for viewing aesthetics, but also as it uses up valuable pixels which you could utilise to show more of your great image to the viewers. The posting limits are small enough to make us often want to see higher res images - use the full dimensions! :)

Hilary Hann
03-10-2011, 05:16 PM
Rakesh, I think you've captured the essence of the tiger very well here. Alert, mysterious and just that bit threatening. I like the feeling of the forest surrounding it and the quality of the light.

I would agree with comments made regarding the image size and perhaps losing the black surrounds, at least for this forum.