PDA

View Full Version : Radiant Clouds

Santanu Banik
03-10-2011, 05:28 AM
Melbourne City and radiant clouds ... used a 10 stop ND filter for the effect. Thanks for viewing. Comments / suggestions will be much appreciated.

Canon 40D, 17mm, manual exposure @ F/11 and 90 secs, ISO 100

http://www.frozenforeternity.com/images/data/media/17/_MG_5620_1200.jpg

Roman Kurywczak
03-10-2011, 11:25 AM
Hey Santanu,
That filter created some very interesting effects! Not everyone will like the cloud motion but I think the direction gives it an almost zoom blur look.......which I like. Some of the brighter areas on the buildings....from the sun are a bit distracting but not so much as to hurt the overall look. Do keep that in mind for the future though. I do think the sky and clouds as well as some of the mid tones are a bit dark.....so try bringing them up a touch. Overall, I think you composed this nicely and the filter gave it an interesting and unique twist. Nicely done!

Dave Mills
03-10-2011, 11:52 AM
Hi Santanu, I also like the almost zoom blur effect created by the filter. Also agree that some glare is distracting especially the building on the left. Due to the wide angle there is some distortion on the far left and rt sides which is correctable...

Santanu Banik
03-10-2011, 09:07 PM
Thanks a lot Roman and Dave for your inputs. I will keep them in mind next time :-)

Robert Amoruso
03-12-2011, 03:07 PM
I agree with Roman's and Dave's assessment. If you are using Photoshop, go the Filter / Lens Correction to correct for the distortion of the horizon.

Morkel Erasmus
03-13-2011, 03:29 PM
Roman's critique covered all the points I intended to
love the cloud movement and colours here!

agree on correction distortion...

Santanu Banik
03-13-2011, 07:15 PM
Thanks Robert and Morkel.