PDA

View Full Version : Patchwork

Judy Howle
03-10-2011, 12:43 AM
I used fractalius, Topaz Adjust and Pixel Bender on the image.

Steve Adkins
03-10-2011, 01:34 AM
Judy, the variety of textures and (quilt) soft colors are amazing. Great vision! :S3:

denise ippolito
03-10-2011, 08:58 AM
Judy, It does resemble patchwork. I like the colors and the puffy look adds to the effect.

Judy Howle
03-10-2011, 09:45 AM
Judy, the variety of textures and (quilt) soft colors are amazing. Great vision! :S3:
Thanks Steve!

Judy Howle
03-10-2011, 09:50 AM
Judy, It does resemble patchwork. I like the colors and the puffy look adds to the effect.
Thanks Denise. I first processed it using Fractalius a while ago but I wasn't thrilled with it. I decided to see what else could be done to it for this theme and Topaz and PB made it more interesting and added the 3D effect.

Andrew McLachlan
03-10-2011, 08:16 PM
Judy, I love the colors and the PB effect too! Very nicely done! :S3:

Christopher Miller
03-10-2011, 09:28 PM
I love the colors and quilt-like effect, Judy, but my first thought was what is the subject? I think for my tastes, I'd prefer a more recognizable subject; but then again maybe a pure abstract was your intention.

Maureen Allen
03-11-2011, 02:35 AM
Really nice. Love the spidery effect in the center of the image.

It looks like this may have begun life as an image of leaves. What was in the center of the frame?

Judy Howle
03-11-2011, 09:30 AM
Judy, I love the colors and the PB effect too! Very nicely done! :S3:
Thanks Andrew!

Judy Howle
03-11-2011, 09:34 AM
I love the colors and quilt-like effect, Judy, but my first thought was what is the subject? I think for my tastes, I'd prefer a more recognizable subject; but then again maybe a pure abstract was your intention.

Thanks Christopher. Yes it's supposed to be abstract. The original image of the fuzzy dried pods wasn't too interesting because I couldn't isolate them from the leaves.

Judy Howle
03-11-2011, 09:37 AM
Really nice. Love the spidery effect in the center of the image.

It looks like this may have begun life as an image of leaves. What was in the center of the frame?

The fuzzy pods for lack of a better word with spidery tendrils was the main subject but I couldn't get a really good composition of them and I tried several clusters. I might be able to crop closer and create an OOTB image but I liked the abstract quilt effect of this one that included leaves.

Indranil Sircar
03-11-2011, 02:27 PM
This is beautiful Judy. Love the different textures and colors. Lovely patchwork!