PDA

View Full Version : Bright Morning Sunrise

Dave Phillips
03-22-2008, 05:09 PM
While not containing any strong composition, posting anyway as it is one of the brightest morning suns that I have ever see. I was driving south along the Red River this morning and a hint of light was peeking over the eastern horizon.......then wham, a hot fireball emerged, too bright to even consider looking directly at it. Every time I did take a peek in that direction it seemed to be rising at a very fast rate.
The camera was on the seat with a 400mm, so I just did a "point and shoot" getting this.....cropped to pano.

1/320, f/10, ISO 400
and David, I didn't cut any trees in half this time:)

Robert Amoruso
03-23-2008, 11:18 AM
Dave,

I like how you balanced the sun with the larger tree on the right. The phone polls kind of kill it for me though. My eye continues to go right to them.

Dave Phillips
03-23-2008, 12:56 PM
Dave,

I like how you balanced the sun with the larger tree on the right. The phone polls kind of kill it for me though. My eye continues to go right to them.

hate those pole/wires too Robert....I grabbed the shot, the sun was so intense as I drove along.
I will be more aware

David Kennedy
03-23-2008, 10:01 PM
...and David, I didn't cut any trees in half this time:)

Noted! As Robert already pointed out--and you admitted from the start that it was wanting of a little more care in composition--the eye does wander off to the right. However, it's great that you're keeping a camera with you in the car. I still don't do that even though I kick myself for it more often than I'd like to think about.

Robert Amoruso
03-24-2008, 06:59 AM
David had a good point, you had a camera and went for it. That's always a good move. I was thinking about this image and perhaps if you could have moved to a position the better image would have been to get the sun either behind that tree in the right, the phone poles or both. Then you have a very graphic image and not one with elements competing with each other.

I agree, it was a difficult sunrise to walk away from.