iso200
F9
1/13
10mm
Wet and Misty

http://i1021.photobucket.com/albums/af332/dkearl/DSC_0038-3.jpg

Dave Mills
03-09-2011, 10:11 AM
Hi Dan, I like the basic composition with the path leading the viewer to the bridge with the falls offset to the rt. The two areas of color also add to the overall interest. Wondering if you got down a bit lower in the same location you might have eliminated the branches merging with the top of the falls. I'm only speculating due to not knowing how it would effect the perspective of other elements. If this were mine I would take out the few small branches that are merging with the falls from the colored tree....

Indranil Sircar
03-09-2011, 05:03 PM
Nice composition. I love the colors and the feel to it. Agree with Dave on those branches merging with the falls.

Roman Kurywczak
03-10-2011, 11:11 AM
Hey Dan,
Agree with Dave on the critique. I have been there myself and if remember correctly, you probably wanted to minimize the sky. As it wis misty and foggy.....getting a bit in wouldn't hurt the overall image and minimize the branches others have mentioned. I hope you worked the area for other comps.

Robert Amoruso
03-10-2011, 09:08 PM
Dan,

I like the greenery on the right. I like the tree on the left. I like the walking path. I like the falls/slow shutter speed look. I like the details in the rocks near the falls.

I am not keen on the central placement of the falls. I tired and liked a Rule of Thirds crop of the right only placing the right vertical line at the falls.

dankearl
03-11-2011, 12:28 AM
Thanks for the comments.
I didn't mind the branch in the way, as I liked the fall colors a lot.
The Columbia Gorge is so "green", that any other colors stand out. The Yellow is a large lichen patch on the cliff walls.
I have a lot of photos of Latourell falls, I may post another one some day, lots of different angles, different flows depending on the time of year, etc. It is sort of in my "backyard".
I liked this one for the fall colors, which are fleeting and muted in the rainforest here.
Thanks again, I learn something every time I post here.

Michael Lloyd
03-21-2011, 09:39 PM
I have a co-worker that is from Oregon. After seeing the images that you posted I'm not sure what he's doing here in TX...

I like this image. I don't mind the branch... it gives me a nice feeling of depth/