PDA

View Full Version : Kids Portrait

Christopher Miller
03-08-2011, 10:10 PM
Here's a picture of the first four kids born this year. I wish the top kid had been looking at me too, but since when are animals ever perfectly cooperative. :S3:

I used three of my textures and the "Trashed (http://shadowhousecreations.blogspot.com/2010/02/trashed.html)" texture from Shadowhouse Creations. I then added a slight blur overlay to the kids and desaturated the image a bit.

denise ippolito
03-09-2011, 07:25 AM
Christopher, The main 3 stand out well. I do like that the fourth has a different head position but I feel it gets a little lost up there and it may be close to the edge. Maybe lighten that one a little and give it some more room? Just a thought. I do love the texture and the sweet faces are over the top!!:S3:

Maureen Allen
03-09-2011, 01:56 PM
I love the kids, Christopher!

Wonderful use of textures. You have me hooked on textures now :bg3:

Paul Lagasi
03-09-2011, 02:04 PM
Chris, cute little critters...wonderful work with textures only thing that bugs me though is, where the heck is the 4th one?...lolol..and yes I do have my glasses on :c3:

Christopher Miller
03-09-2011, 02:41 PM
Thanks Denise, Maureen, and Paul. I appreciate your comments. I've added some more room on top and lightened the fourth one a bit so it doesn't get so lost(It's up at the top, Paul, in case you still can't see it! :w3).

denise ippolito
03-09-2011, 03:05 PM
Chris, cute little critters...wonderful work with textures only thing that bugs me though is, where the heck is the 4th one?...lolol..and yes I do have my glasses on :c3:

I can't stop laughing.You are too funny and you have been missed around here.:t3

Christopher, All "kidding"aside(I couldn't help myself!) It does look better. Funny how the other three really command the show. Nice job.

Steve Adkins
03-09-2011, 03:46 PM
Wonderful look and subjects. The best part, Christopher, is that your models don't seem to be camera shy. :w3 Keep them coming, please!

Indranil Sircar
03-09-2011, 04:51 PM
Beautiful composition, Christopher. The texture and the colors really makes this stand out. Nicely done.

Richard Lovison
03-09-2011, 06:00 PM
Christopher,

The textures and pose of the three lower kids are gorgeous. Beautifully done but the fourth kid at the top bothers me a bit. For me, if you didn't indicate that there were four kids, I would have thought that the top kid was the body of the kid on the upper left.

Richard

Judy Howle
03-09-2011, 09:10 PM
I love the three kids with faces, the texture is wonderful, but no. 4 bothers me as I can't quite figure out what I'm seeing. Is that spot it's eye, LOL.

Christopher Miller
03-09-2011, 09:28 PM
Thanks everyone! Much appreciated. :S3:

Judy, I think the spot you mention is one of the horn buds. The eye is just below that.

Cheryl Slechta
03-10-2011, 08:04 PM
Christopher, I love their faces - it makes you want to snuggle them.:S3: Do you have a lot of goats and do you use them for milk and cheese?

Andrew McLachlan
03-10-2011, 08:04 PM
Very cute Christopher, gotta love those big floppy ears! :S3:

Christopher Miller
03-10-2011, 08:44 PM
Thanks Cheryl and Andrew! :S3: Cheryl, we have 12 does, 3 bucks, and 3 wethers, not counting kids. Yes, we have them primarily for the milk, and we make cheese, yogurt, and butter.