PDA

View Full Version : Lovin' the Pig

Maureen Allen
03-07-2011, 10:08 AM
While at the county fair, I came across this beautiful little girl tending to her prize pig. I asked her if she loved her pig and she jumped right on top of him and gave him a big hug.

I desaturated a bit, used a couple of grunge textures (though she was somewhat grungy on her own :S3:) and blurred slightly.

Indranil Sircar
03-07-2011, 10:14 AM
Beautiful image and brings out the loving relationship. The desaturated color gives a rustic edge to the image. The only thing I can suggest is to clone out that tag right behind her head.

denise ippolito
03-07-2011, 11:10 AM
Maureen, I just love the girls face. Do you have a touch more room on the left? I like the way you desaturated this and I'm debating a slice off the bottom since her arm and hand look clipped and not cropped. Real sweet image and I like it a lot!!:S3:

Kerry Perkins
03-07-2011, 12:03 PM
Really cute Maureen! Reminds me of my youth in Indiana and 4-H competitions. There were always kids crying because their pet project was being auctioned off...

The de-saturation really makes this one and I agree with Denise regarding the crop suggestions although I would prefer to see more image on the bottom and left if you have it. If not, it is still very cute. :S3:

Maureen Allen
03-07-2011, 12:54 PM
Thanks so much for the comments and suggestions.

Here's a repost incorporating cropping suggestions. I decided not to clone out the tag because I think it belongs there and because I'm not so sure about trying to recreate the pig's ear :bg3:

The OP was pretty much full frame. I did some content aware fill to increase canvas on the left and add a slice to the top. I wish I hadn't clipped her arm and I can't really decide if I like the image better with or without it.

Christopher Miller
03-07-2011, 02:29 PM
Beautiful image, Maureen. I love her smile! :S3: The desaturated, grungy look is very nice. Good job adding canvas in the repost, but I would keep her arm in the image because it looks funny to me cut off like it is in the repost. I might also try adding a slight vignette and lightening the center of the image just a little to add some subtle emphasis on the girl's face. Well done.

denise ippolito
03-07-2011, 03:24 PM
Maureen, After seeing the repost I agree w/ you to keep the part arm.:S3:

Maureen Allen
03-07-2011, 06:04 PM
Thanks Christopher and Denise. I'll try the vignette and lightening the center. Great suggestions!

Cheryl Slechta
03-07-2011, 08:14 PM
Maureen, what a great story this tells! I especially like the desaturated look and the impish look on her face:S3:

Andrew McLachlan
03-07-2011, 09:11 PM
Even pigs need love. The little girls expression is priceless. Agree on cloning out the ear tag. Nice idea to de-saturate this one a little. Nicely done!

Steve Adkins
03-07-2011, 09:29 PM
Love the spontaneity and the happy expression, Maureen. Sometimes the irregular parts make it more believable/relevant. Great job on the processing. :S3:

Maureen Allen
03-08-2011, 10:54 AM
Thanks for the comments. I'll work on this a little more :S3:

Ken Childs
03-08-2011, 12:09 PM
This is extremely cute!
I don't have anything to add to the great suggestions already given but following them should take this one up a notch or 2. :S3:

Arthur Morris
03-10-2011, 03:08 PM
The girl reminds my of a younger version of my grand-daughter Maya who would never even consider lying down on top of a pig :)