PDA

View Full Version : Bob

Hilary Hann
03-07-2011, 05:04 AM
The name my daughter gave the agama lizards we saw on her first trip to Kenya. This 'bob' was photographed in the Masai Mara last year.

7D; EF300; ISO400; 1/250; f11 Harsh midday light.

Steve Kaluski
03-07-2011, 11:32 AM
I like the pose & stance here Hilary, especially with the curvature of the tail sweeping round. You have to question the colouring of him, not exactly well camouflage in his habitat. I guess he must be a dominant male showing off, by rapidly turning his body blue and head bright red or yellow, where as most Agamas are green and brown.

I might be tempted to just lighten in parts the lizard a fraction in Curves just to bring out some more detail, or indeed, use some Highlight/Shadow as per some previous settings I have suggested. Also you may wish to run a fraction of NR on part of the BG. I like the crop, but wonder if a slightly tighter one might work better?

TFS
Steve :w3

Morkel Erasmus
03-07-2011, 05:01 PM
just love the colours on this chap! harsh light indeed but well exposed IMHO
Steve's suggestions could bring out just that smidge more detail :)

Ken Watkins
03-07-2011, 10:50 PM
"Bob" what an odd choice.

Nice colours of a show off male.

The eye of course presents its usual problems but thats "nature" for you.

Crop is OK by me.

Hilary Hann
03-07-2011, 10:58 PM
Thanks all. Will give the suggestions a go.

Ken, Bob probably seemed suitable for a young child, given the way the heads bob up and down. :S3:

RakeshDhareshwar
03-08-2011, 02:17 AM
The light does look harsh , but then the lizard is a beauty . Great work on the exposure to get the lizard perfectly well .

Harshad Barve
03-08-2011, 05:00 AM
One beautiful image Hilary
TFS

Rachel Hollander
03-08-2011, 09:59 AM
Hilary - well captured in the harsh light. I like the curve of the body and the detail in the scales. Impressive display of color.

TFS,
Rachel

Hilary Hann
03-08-2011, 08:55 PM
Thanks everyone. Didn't see any displaying males on my most recent trip … sad really.