PDA

View Full Version : Dizzy Daffodil

Judy Howle
03-07-2011, 12:19 AM
I used Pixel Bender and Topaz Adjust Spicify on this one. I did it last summer but thought it was a bit over the top. I hope it fits in with this week's theme. I also put a black and white with green tint adjustment layer with about 60% opacity on a duplicate of the background after selecting the flower and putting it on a layer to tone down some of the distracting browns and blues in the background of the flower.

denise ippolito
03-07-2011, 11:06 AM
Judy, Very neat look that the filter created, I also like the colors. I wonder if a vertical comp w/ some of the stem may look nice too.

Kerry Perkins
03-07-2011, 12:06 PM
Hi Judy, nice combination of filters to get this look. Very much like a painting and I like the way the colors compliment each other. Nicely done!

Judy Howle
03-07-2011, 01:16 PM
Judy, Very neat look that the filter created, I also like the colors. I wonder if a vertical comp w/ some of the stem may look nice too.
Thanks Denise. The stem is visible in the image but it disappeared into the surrounding foliage from other daffodils and I shot it tight because of the surrounding plants. This is the one I posted last summer that was toned down from this version but showed the brown and blue etc. in the background.
http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php/70621-Daffodil-II

Indranil Sircar
03-07-2011, 01:22 PM
This is beautiful, Judy. The first things that came to my mind was Van Gogh artist portrait. The colors are super and complementary. Nicely done.

Judy Howle
03-07-2011, 02:57 PM
Thanks Indranil!

Christopher Miller
03-07-2011, 02:59 PM
Very lovely effect, Judy. Looks rather Van Gogh-ish. I love the colors too. Well done!

Richard Lovison
03-07-2011, 05:29 PM
Judy,

I agree with the others that the image has a Van Gogh-ish quality to it that is pleasing. I like the colors as well. Nicely done.

Richard

Andrew McLachlan
03-07-2011, 09:03 PM
Judy, love the colors and the pixel bender effect on this one. Wonderful work!

Steve Adkins
03-07-2011, 09:18 PM
Beautiful colors and processing, Judy. Very interesting borders within borders painting style. :S3:

Ken Childs
03-08-2011, 11:50 AM
It's easy to see why so many are saying this looks somewhat Van Gogh-ish.....it really does! Nice work with the filters! :S3: