PDA

View Full Version : Green Leaf Warbler

Harshad Barve
03-05-2011, 10:04 PM
Dear All

Created this in Manas National Park , Assam ,
Manas National Park is situated on the foothills of the Himalayas and a part of it extends to Bhutan.( Its Royal Manas National Park in Bhutan ) It was declared a sanctuary on October 01, 1928 and was designated a World Heritage site in December 1985. The sanctuary is home to a great variety of wildlife, including tiger, Golden Langur, Wild Buffalo, Hispid Hare, Pigmy Hog, Capped Langur, Indian one-horned Rhinoceros, Elephant, Gaur, Hog Deer, etc.

The scenic beauty and rare wealth of wild life combine with this unique world heritage site to offer one of the most enthralling experiences.

D300 , 600mm, ISO 400 , 1/80 cropped with minor adjustments

All C & C are most welcome
Harshad

Daniel Cadieux
03-05-2011, 10:40 PM
That park sounds like a great place for photography. I'm glad to hear that other parts of the world have been actively looking at preserving natural areas!!

I love the little bird, great pose, sharp and nicely placed in the frame. The BG is very nice but I'd try to eliminate the OOF circle above the bird. Perch is good for the most part, but the OOF twig coming at us in LLC is too bad. Some fill-flash (if allowed in that location) would have helped too.

Thanks for sharing this species, and for the info on this park:c3:

Jeff Cashdollar
03-05-2011, 10:47 PM
Nice pose and detail is good for 1/80. Maybe lighten around the eye and agree with smoother background. But we take what we can get and this is a nice image.

Bob Pelkey
03-06-2011, 03:55 AM
Interesting leg position of the bird. After looking at the image for some time, highlights on the branch and the light spot above the bird in the background seem to draw attention away from the warbler.

Joerg Rockenberger
03-06-2011, 01:27 PM
Nice pose and colors but agree re branch in the LLC and the circular feature in the background being unfortunate. JR

James Salywoda
03-08-2011, 01:09 AM
Awesome bird and shot Harshad.