PDA

View Full Version : Sooty Oystercatcher II

Mark Young
03-05-2011, 03:00 PM
Another image taken on the same day as my last one. I've done this one according to the comments I recieved here (http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php/80540-Sooty-Oystercatcher) on my last image, and I think the difference has really improved the image a lot, so thanks to everyone for your input.

I've cropped the image about 20%, removed the cungie from in front of the bird that it was feeding on, darkened the bird and bg, and watched the reds in the bill and feet.

I only wish the birds HA was better, and that there weren't the whites of the 2 fisherman in the bg.

I've tried to apply the rule of thirds here. Do you think this composition suits this image?

Canon 7D 300f4+1.4tc ISO320 1/250 +0.7 HH

Joerg Rockenberger
03-05-2011, 07:59 PM
Very nice low angle, colored background (except the two bright spots) and sharpness. To me it looks as if the body could go even darker but then I don't know the species. JR

Tom Rambaut
03-06-2011, 01:15 AM
I like the low angle here Mark. The colour in the body is about right IMO. That beak looks good - always way oversaturated in my photos.

I would try cloning out those highlights in the background - it's OOF so should blend well. That set up you have is super sharp.

Sidharth Kodikal
03-17-2011, 12:13 AM
Fantastic low angle and lovely details in the blacks, Mark. I like the comp and the two wishes I had (HA and white spots) are already noted in your self-critique.
Oystercatchers are so cool. Love them.

Mark Young
03-17-2011, 07:28 PM
Thanks for viewing and providing feedback.