3 shots done with Photmatix

D3x
24-70 at 24mm
central exposure image 1/500 at f13
ISO 200
Hand Held

Jeff Cashdollar
03-05-2011, 04:19 PM
Vey nice, I might take some off the bottom. Love the leading lines buy my eye get stuck on the bottom right hand side. On balance, really like it, the lines and sky are sweet - nice one.

Jay Gould
03-05-2011, 05:30 PM
Hi, I agree with Jeff. I would crop just above the dark shadow point on the RHS.

Chris Korman
03-05-2011, 11:59 PM
Ross, nice capture, good atmospheric feeling with the slight mist evaporating and the strong lighting. Perhaps try more of a square crop such that the immediate inch and quarter is removed as it may help improve the composition w/ the stream.

Roman Kurywczak
03-06-2011, 11:02 AM
Hey Ross,
Agree with above regarding the shadow area on the bottom......crop strengthens it IMO. I do like all the texture and detail you have throughout....so that minor tweak will take this up a notch. An easy fix......so very nicely done overall!

Dave Mills
03-06-2011, 11:19 AM
Hi Ross, Good job on this with strong compositional elements. The first thing I noticed was the shadow on the bottom and I agree with the others regarding the crop.Other than that your framing is well handled using the river as a leading line with the one tree anchoring the rt. The sky has just enough interest to carry that large area....

Andrew McLachlan
03-06-2011, 07:38 PM
Hi Ross, love the scene and the detail in the snow. I agree with the crop from the bottom.

Robert Amoruso
03-08-2011, 08:21 AM
Ross,

I agree with the crop suggestion and your good to go. Nice image. The lines of the image (river, tree line along tops, etc.) flow well into the image creating depth. Soft light and great detail combine to make for a really pleasing to view image.

Morkel Erasmus
03-12-2011, 02:56 PM
this scene makes me want to crunch the snow under my feet :)

very nice scene here, agree with the slight crop from the bottom as suggested