Mode: Av
Metering: Evaluative
Exp comp: +1 2/3
ISO: 100
AF mode: Manual Focus
Self-timer: 2 secs
White balance: Cloudy
Flash: Off

Post processed using Nik HDR Efex Pro as a single image HDR to bring out the local contrast in the clouds. I know this will not be everyone's cup of tea and why it took me this long to post it.

peter delaney
03-04-2011, 09:51 AM
beautiful.... love it..

dankearl
03-04-2011, 10:32 PM
I like it, but the clouds are a bit too blue for me.
Great perspective.

Andrew McLachlan
03-05-2011, 04:51 PM
Robert, that is a very cool looking sky I can see why you included so much of it. Love the colors in the rising sun. The small slice of water at the bottom works nicely also. The sunrise in the lower right works for me too. Thanks for sharing.

Jay Gould
03-05-2011, 05:28 PM
Robert, it rocks for me!

Chris Korman
03-05-2011, 11:53 PM
Very nice "rays" coming from the sun. I like the contrast of the cool and the warm. I may experiment with reducing the darkness of the clouds as my eye tends to get caught up there and not come back down to the horizon OR cropping about 1 inch of the clouds on the top.

Roman Kurywczak
03-06-2011, 10:55 AM
Hey Robert,
You got a really cool effect from the cloud movement! I may have preferred the sun just a touch away from the LR.....maybe a bit more base.....rule of fourths position.....but it does work as presented very nicely also! Down in Florida running my tour now.....not doing landscapes though:bg3:!

Dave Mills
03-06-2011, 11:09 AM
Hi Robert, Very interesting image with the "big sky" playing a major role. The softness of the sky along with it's color has an appealing look. Agree with Roman regarding a bit more base and the sun positioned not quite so close to the right. Otherwise a pleasing image!

Declan Troy
03-07-2011, 02:27 PM
Robert, what is the role of the tilt-shift lens in making this image?

Ron Bernstein
03-07-2011, 11:57 PM
This image has a very dreamlike quality to me, probably because I can't make the clouds, which oddly look grainy (100 iso?!), remind me of anything I've ever seen. i'm also wondering if there was more color to the lower right, and if so, why you chose to exclude it. One would think you'd want as much of that pink as you could get. I'm interested to hear your answer to Declan's question as to the role played by the T/S lens, and I'd like to know what filter you played with in cep to make the clouds look that way in pp. Nice job, Robert: very unique!

Hilary Hann
03-08-2011, 03:38 AM
I like it a lot. Would agree with Roman's comments regarding the sun, but beautiful colours and just a totally different feel to it from what we often see with clouds.